45

Hiiii

----------

She stared down at the pale boy, and he could only stare up. In a way, his mother had quieted down, and he took in the figure above him. How could a pink-haired girl beat him and have him looking at her in a bit of awe? She stood there in silence and watched the red-haired boy. "Why?" he asked, and she simply stared. "It's not fair, I need your blood for her. So she can be happy," he stated and painfully formed a scowl. "She's not talking right now is the" Sakura stated, and Gaara stilled. "I heard mothers don't live inside one's head nor do they want blood. A mother is not inside your head, and she doesn't want my blood." "What would you know?!" He stated as he tried to get up. "I don't have a mother in my head that is how I know nor is she alive." He froze and looked at her indifferent stare. "I'm alone," he stated and looked at her. She reached out a hand, and he wearily looked at it. "No, you're not. You're not one of those, look around you and you'll learn," with that said she pulled him up and the last thing he saw was a pink lock of hair.

-----------

The whole village listened as the Fourth Hokage honored the Third Hokage. Cries were heard from the crowd but got lost in the rain. Naruto stared at his father and stayed quiet. He had listened to his father's sobs when the news arrived to him. Orochimaru had killed the Third Hokage. The village had been destroyed and was left in shambles. He knew it would be a hard time for his father and the village's people. Many shinobi laid a single flower on the lonesome grave and paid their respects with a bow. Sakura stood beside her father and gave a quick bow. Many had shown up and it was the first time a considerable number of people were around her. The rain fell and slowly people left to their homes to grieve further. 

-----------

The village was being rebuilt at a considerable rate, some would say the shinobi and people were working with newfound determination. The truth was the village had to be rebuilt at a quick pace due to safety issues. A weak village meant opportunities for other villages and rogue ninjas to attack. Genin were put to pick up some rubble and help with the cleanup, so Team 7 was not amused with it. Minato had not promoted anyone yet to a Chunin due to the unsuspected attack, but Sakura could see that there was something else at play. She glanced down from her tree to Sasuke. She was sure of it that his ego was on the verge of diminishing. Orochimaru had offered a deal that many would not hesitate to take, and she knew that her foolish teammate was a dumb one. She knew Itachi was watching and had a plan in case Sauke did go through with what she had concluded. She decided to go back to Kakashi and jumped from tree to tree. Orochimaru was clever, she'll give him that, but The Sand Village was a bit stupid. Not only are they now missing a Kazekage, but they are also at the risk of not getting an alliance with the Leaf Village. She softly landed, and Kakashi gave a small smile. "I know you're aware, aren't you father?" she asked and he ruffled her hair. "I know."

-----------

In the ninja world, a shinobi must be strong to survive. Physically and mentally strong too. Sasuke was none of that, so he found it shocking that Itachi was offering to train him daily. "You have potential," Itachi had said . Of course, he had rapidly agreed, but when his brother left, he looked at his packed bag. He grabbed his ninja pouch and stuffed the weapons he would need. It didn't matter where he went, he just wanted to get stronger.  He neatly made his bed and looked at the picture of Team 7 on his drawer. He made sure to grab it with care and looked at it. He stared at the picture for some time and reached for his bag. It was time to go.