22

This chapter will be longer.
Itachi stood in front of the Hatake Household. He tightened his hold on the small bag that he had, the items that Shisui wanted to give Sakura and the photograph were in there. He inhaled a deep breath and flared his chakra before knocking on the wooden door. He heard no footsteps ,but it was expected. They were prodigies, best ones at that. The door was opened ,and he was staring down at pink hair. He knew they weren't friends, and if he tried to be her friend, he would surely not achieve the accomplishment. He quietly handed her the small bag and did a hand sign before disappearing. Sakura looked at the small bag in her hands and was about to throw it, but she decided against it. A ninja has to see beyond the beyond. She closed the door and was met with Kakashi's book to her face. She held her nose and glared at her sensei/father. "What the. Why would you do that?" She said and held her nose in pain. He shrugged and grabbed some dango. "I thought you were Itachi."

Sakura frowned and threw the book back at him, only for it to get caught by his hand. "Hey, hurry up before I finish these dango." Sakura nodded and walked to her room, laying down the bag on her bed ,and joined her father. They ate the dango in silence, while kakashi read his book. Sakura raised an eyebrow. Kakashi really thought she didn't know what icha icha paradise was about. Well, she didn't know until Genma and Gai were talking about it ,and she had heard them. Honestly, how could he read read that? She shook her head and didn't bother to put her small mask back on her face. This was her home ,and she was free her. Free from expectations, missions, and everything else. Sakura and Kakashi started cleaning the kitchen and bid each other goodnight, heading to their separate rooms.

She entered her room and closed the door, eyeing the bag. It could be a trap, or a poisonous small animal. She let out a sigh and walked to her bed. She grabbed the bag and sat down. It felt a little bit heavy, not much but a bit. She untied the knot the bag had, and grabbed the first item she could. She took out her hand from the bad ,and a small box was in her hand. "Strange," she muttered before setting it aside. She grabbed the last two things ,and tensed as she turned the photograph around. It was Shisui and her. She looked at the photo with pain-filled eyes and looked at it carefully. Shisui looked so happy, and Sakura felt her heart hurt and her eyes sting a bit. She didn't know why she was feeling this way ,but she carefully set the picture on her stand, next to the picture of her genin team. She unfolded the small piece of paper ,and her eyes widened.

Dear Sakura-Chan,
Wow! You're getting old now. In some years you'll be 12 soon, and I'll have to fight off every boy that dares to look at you.

"This I-is Shisui's handwriting," she muttered to herself and clutched the letter tighter in her hands.

Anyways you probably found this letter taped to your window, don't ask how I did that. I have my ways. Well I know not many know of your birthday , but it is an important date that I always remember. I got you a small gift, since I know you secretly adore me. Don't worry I'm getting ready to run, once you read this letter.

She let out a emotionless chuckle and her heart hurt more, her eyesight became a bit blurry.

But today is a special day, you were born! I know you call me weird and think I'm a bit annoying, but I know that you care for me. I am happy, but enough about me. There is a small box under the tree that is next to your house and a small gift inside. I want you to wear it, and I'll explain what it means when you meet up with me.

Sakura looked at the small box, but decided to read the rest of the letter.

You don't have to wear it if you don't want to , but it would mean a lot to me. I'm going to drag you around to so many places in the village, that you'll end up having to tie me up to leave you alone, but that won't work since I can always use Substitution Jutsu. Happy Birthday, Sakura-Chan!
  With love and from your favorite person,
   Shisui Uchiha.

"Shisui. Why?" She felt her eyes close tightly and felt tear drops fall out of her eyes. She looked down and held the letter to her chest, letting out small sobs. Her whole body shook and her heart hurt. She felt lonely, and sad. Her small sobs became a bit loud, too loud for a trained shinobi's ear. Kakashi stood in front of Sakura's door and quickly opened it, his face softening as he saw the small form of his daughter shaking and crying. She was holding something tightly onto her chest ,and he walked to her. Sakura didn't seem to notice him or she was too busy trying to stop crying, but he did notice a photograph and a small box. He wrapped his arms around her, and she tensed but couldn't stop her tears. She closed her eyes, trying to stop the tears and failed to notice the hand behind her neck. Kakashi quickly pressed on her pressure point ,and she slumped against him.

He grabbed the small box and put it on her stand, before turning back to her and grabbed the thing that she had in her hand. A letter. He could tell from who it was. The handwriting was Shisui's. He decided against reading it, neatly folded it, and put it next to the photograph and box. He looked at Sakura and tucked her in, slowly walking out of her room, and lightly closed the room. He walked to the kitchen and grabbed a cup of water, quietly walking to his room and laid on his bed. He drank the water and closed his eyes, knowing that tomorrow may not be as happy as he planned it to be.

Morning arrived and Sakura slowly opened her eyes. She stretched out her limbs and rubbed the sleep out of her face. She scratched her head and looked around her room. Her eyes scanned the room and they landed on a small box.

Happy Birthday, Sakura-Chan!

She shook her head and grabbed it. The small box was larger than her hand but was about the size of her small foot. She let out a deep breath and opened it. A small piece of paper fell from it, and she grabbed it. "Friendship bracelets, huh. You were always full of surprises," Sakura muttered as she read the small note.

You know I'm not the best at giving gifts, but I did try. I know we're on different Anbu teams and it can get pretty lonely, but when you wear this bracelet it would feel as if you were with me! They're friendship bracelets. Itachi will be jealous. I know that the bracelet says my name, but don't worry that's just so you can remember my cheery presence. Don't worry I'm also wearing mine, it says your name, but I won't show it to you until you show me yours. Oh and I decided to teach you one of my famous tricks. As a gift of course, the hand signs are in the back ,but I hope you like the bracelet.
Sincerely from your awesome favorite person, Shisui Uchiha

She looked at the black bracelet and gently grabbed it. It was a gift from her friend. She put it on and folded the note and put it aside the letter and photograph. She'll go to the shop later and buy some photo frames. She quickly did her normal routine and put on her mask. Her hair was up in a ponytail and her eye was covered with her Shinobi headband. She knew Kakashi was probably in the book store and jumped out her window, making her way up to the roofs. She quietly jumped from roof to roof and landed in a familiar place she was yesterday. She quietly walked to the place and stared at it. Her head bowed.

Here lies a friend, shinobi, best friend, and brother.
Shisui Uchiha
Rest In Peace

Sakura read the headstone and let out a sigh of defeat. She straightened up, "Thank you, Shisui." She made her way out of the cemetery and walked to the park ,sitting down on one of the swings. Luckily, there were no kids awake this early ,and she sat on the unmoving swing. Suddenly, the wind picked up a bit and she felt a hand on her shoulder, making the swing go forward a bit. She jumped off the swing and turned around, only to be met with nothing. She stared at the swing and was about to go towards it again, but was forcefully turned around. There stood Kakashi, Gai, Yamato, Asuma, and Kurenai. "Happy Birthday, Sakura."
End of Childhood Arc