37

Some days has passed, and Sakura found herself standing in front of a stone. The stone that marked the place where Shisui Uchiha was buried. She took off her Anbu mask and gently touched the stone. "Hey Shisui, sorry I haven't visited. It's weird to be on a team with people my age. Kurenai and Asuma are planning to start a family. Asuma told me that when the time comes, I can be the aunt of the baby. I don't know how to feel about that ," she said, gently putting the flowers inside a small vase, "I think my teammates fear me." Sakura sighed and sat down on the ground and let out a sigh. "It doesn't matter. It doesn't bother me." Sakura looked at the grave and was met with silence. "I have to go. I'll visit soon, Shisui," she whispered and held up two fingers, gently poking the stone. Sakura stood up and put her Anbu mask on. She gave the stone one last look and raised her hand in a familiar sign, quickly disappearing from the grave.

Sakura arrived in her room and quickly changed into her Jounin attire. Her mission was to keep a close eye on Naruto and Sasuke. There had been reports of a strange chakra in the village, and Anko's curse mark was said to be causing her pain. When Sakura had read the information on the scroll, she had quickly connected the dots. Orochimaru was in the village. She knew that. Luckily for her, the place where the exams were going to take place was not far away. With that in mind, she opened her window and ran across roof tops, heading towards the Chunin Exams. A few minutes had passed, and she found herself in front of a smirking Kakashi. "Let me guess, you didn't tell them about the first part of the exams," she stated, and Kakashi scratched the back of his neck. "You truly know me, don't you."

Kakashi gave a pat to her head and walked out of the building, leaving Sakura to follow. "Will you be alright?" He asked, and Sakura nodded. "Old and forgotten bonds aren't important. Completing the mission is important," she stated, and Kakashi frowned. She grew up too fast. He nurtured her into the shinobi she is. The two quietly walked to the Hokage's office and found themselves in front of Minato and Itachi. Minato took a deep breath, and Itachi quickly did a hand sign. "No one can hear what will be said in this room. We have evidence that Orochimaru is in the village. Last time he was in the village, he tried to take Itachi but failed. If my theory is correct, I fear that he already knows about Sasuke participating in the exams. Sakura," at the mention of her name, Minato turned to her, "You read your mission scroll. Sasuke can not be captured or sighted near Orochimaru. Naruto can't afford to get captured by Orochimaru. He is a sannin, a clever one at that. He will use any means to lure Sasuke out. If he is spotted near them or is spotted anywhere in the Forest of Death, you will interfere and battle Orochimaru." Sakura felt three pair of eyes on her and met Minato's eyes. "I'll complete my mission, Lord Hokage," she stated, and Itachi frowned. Minato nodded and dismissed her, knowing she will succeed.

Minato looked at Kakashi, "Report." Kakashi frowned and met his sensei's stare. "Sasuke and Naruto work great together. From what I gathered, Sasuke doesn't trust Sakura," he gave a slight glare to Itachi, "I've seen that Naruto cares for Sakura. I heard from Kurenai that the new genin had gathered for a celebratory meal and saw Sakura passing by. Naruto invited her to join them, but she only glanced at them and kept walking forward. She doesn't trust Sasuke, nor have the two of them made attempts to talk to each other," Kakashi let the sentence hang, and Minato leaned back into his chair. Itachi looked out the window and let out a deep breath. "How are her emotions around Sasuke?" Kakashi raised a lone eyebrow, "Your brother avoids her. There are no emotions when he is near." "I see there's no improvement," Minato stated and Kakashi frowned. "In order for the three of them to be a team, they must understand each other's ninja way. Kakashi, the next team meeting you hold. Make them open up about their motivation to be a ninja. That is all. You two are dismissed."

                                   *

"Phase two of the exams will begin!" A purple haired shinobi exclaimed and let out a loud laugh. Many genin quickly stepped away from her, and she let out a chuckle. Anko loved the chunin exams. It made her feel happy that the genin will spill a bit of blood on her lovely forest. "Secure your scrolls. Make it to the tower. Survive the Forest of Death!" Teams were quickly dropped inside the forest, and a grass ninja grinned. Orochimaru could taste victory on the tip of his tongue. Just a few more minutes, and he will have the Sharingan. Sakura looked down at the scattering genin and pressed a button on her communication headset. "Blossom in position," she whispered and waited for an answer. "Blossom, start your mission. No failure will be allowed," the rough voice of the anbu captain went into her ear. Sakura lifted her Hitai-ate and settled it on her forehead. The uncovered eye shone with the Sharingan, and she took in a deep breath. "Understood," with that, she silently put on her anbu mask and quietly disappeared into the forest.