49

*3 years later*

As she felt the red chakra burn at her skin, Sakura gasped in pain. Five tails was pushing her limit. Though she never had to use such power, the Hokage had deemed it necessary. Every day Kakashi made it his mission to build up her tolerance with Yamato who carefully watched the progress. Kakashi stood on top of Sakura and gave her a grin. "Well then dear old daughter of mine, let's go home," he stated and Sakura groaned. "Now is that any way to respond to your dear old father?" He asked and Yamato sighed. Never did he expect Kakashi to be the father type. "Later Kakashi," he stated and walked away from the Hatakes.
————

Sakura laid on the soft colored couch of their home. She wore a simple black fitting shirt and the shinobi pants. Nothing felt as good as after taking a shower after training. She had brushed her hair and was letting it hang off from the armrest of the couch. The brush that laid on her stomach was waiting for her father to grab it. Ever since she was small, he always brushed her hair. He said it was to make sure there wasn't any knots left, but Sakura knew that wasn't the reason. One thing Kakashi adored to do was brush her hair. He had stated that being a Hatake meant having unique luscious hair. She wasn't one to doubt her father, but when he said that, she doubted him a little.
————
Her eyes widened as he heard footsteps running towards her and tried to move out of the way. She did not want a full grown Kakashi to jump onto her, but she did not get so lucky. One second she was almost safe, and the other she found herself crushed under the weight of him. "Some would say you were Soo eagerly waiting for me," he stated and began to laugh. He grabbed the brush and poked her, "You look a little squished Sakura." All he got in reply was a groan and after a minute he got off. He patted the spot next to him, and she sat. A comfortable silence fell upon them as he slowly brushed her hair. "It's grown longer," he muttered, "As soon as you know it, your hair will surpass the Hyugas," he said with a grin as he delicately went through each strand.
————
To her, this was peace. The moments she spent with her dad made the Shinōbi life worth it. It made all the blood she spilled worth it. The lives she had taken to keep herself able to wake up and see Kakashi's face made it worth it. Her family(him) was her will of fire. The small bracelet on her wrist always seemed heavy to her. She would never forget the person who had gifted it to her, because Shisui was the first one to shine the light in her darkness.
————
Kakashi Hatake hated grocery shopping. No he did not mind the increase in the prices nor the heavy bags he carried. What he despise was the boys. He knew his daughter was very beautiful and hated when boys would stare at her. If he had not been carrying those bags, he would've shown them why Kakashi Hatake was feared. Sakura trailed next to him with her own bags and let a soft laugh escape her. Every time they went grocery shopping, he always wore a murderous look. She hummed happily and watched as a familiar couple approached the two. "Kurenai, Asuma," Kakashi stated and gave them an eye crinkle, "What a pleasant surprise."
————
Kurenai gave a wide grin to the pinkette and stared at the bags she carried. "You're so strong, Sakura-chan and so cute!" She exclaimed as she pinched the pinkette's cheeks. Sakura could feel herself get a little heated up but could not fight the unwanted hands off of her due to the grocery bags she carried. Asuma sheepishly scratched the back of his neck at the woman's antics, and Kakashi wore a smirk. "You're making the girl blush Kurenai," he stated and watched as Sakura shot him a warning glance. "But she's so cute Kakashi," Kurenai exclaimed and almost glomped the pinkette into a fierce hug, but she was mindful of the groceries she held.
————
"I think you should write back my dear daughter," he lectured and crossed his arms. Sakura gave him a sheepish stare. "It's impolite not to, Sakura," he stated and wagged his finger around. "Even though he is a little on the bloody side and I know my dear daughter is into that," he said with a tone of mischief but was serious. Without his mask on, Sakura could see the seriousness on his face. "I'll reply right now!" She exclaimed with determination and pulled out a sheet of paper. Kakashi ruffled her hair and laid a gentle kiss on her forehead, "Don't stay up too late," he said and gently closed her door. She grabbed one of her pencils and started writing.
————
It had been two weeks, and the red haired was starting to lose hope. As each day passed, Temari swore she would choke the pinkette if she did not respond soon. She did not care how strong she was, she would choke her. A knock on the door and soon she found herself with an envelope in her hand. She quickly ran to Gaara's room and barged in. "It arrived," she stated and watched as the red haired's eyes shine with hope. He gently grabbed the envelop from his hands, and she took it as a cue to leave. He carefully opened the envelope and saw the first words.
            - Sorry for not responding sooner, Gaara-San