Red String

The Red String.

It would connect you to your soulmate, and you would be together forever.

However, I had no soulmate.

My life was uncertain at all times, thus I was unable to have a soulmate.

If I could get out of here, however.....

Maybe it would be different.

Meanwhile.....

??? POV

"Hey, have you gotten your red string yet?" The brown haired girl exclaimed.  She was overly energetic, considering it was the start of the school day. 

People were excited to get partnered up, since it was nearing the end of our middle school careers. Many people would be remembered, and some people would be forgotten.

I was one of those people.

Although I don't like to admit it, I have not had a friend all my life. I just consider it to be a sign of independence, but other people would rather call me a loner. 

"No, I have not." The brown haired girl looked discouraged, and left.

I don't need friends, not at all.

But I do wonder, when will my red string come?

Timeskip

??? POV

I was on the bus, going to Advanced Nurturing High School. This is where I would start my life of freedom, and could live a normal life. Get friends, go outside, the good things of life.

Many people would just shrug this off as regular things, but I was different.

These things were something I craved for, and my curiosity wouldn't be satisfied until I knew what it was like.

Currently, a blond haired boy was having an argument with two females, about not giving up a seat for the elderly. It didn't concern me, so I kept scanning the bus, looking at people with the same uniform I had.

I didn't find many people that were worth looking at, but there was this one girl. She had a book, and was reading it in the back. It looked interesting, but I had to look back since she had caught me staring.

The bus had stopped now, and we had arrived. Everyone had got out before me, and most had entered the building. I looked at the school from the bottom of the steps, and started to walk up, only to be interrupted.

"Why were you staring at me earlier?" The black haired maiden who I had stared at on the bus looked at me like I was an unknown object. Her gradient eyes scanned me, looking at every feature.

"You seemed to be uninterested in helping that old lady. I personally feel the same."

"We don't. I personally felt it was useless to help her," Doesn't that make you worse?

"If that will be all, I'll be leaving." She said turning away. She walked towards the building, and left me alone.

"First day, and I'm already disliked, huh?" I said, looking at my hands. A red string was there for a moment, before disappearing.

Timeskip

The entrance ceremony was boring, to say the least. It was nothing special, just a speech from the student council president.

I walked into Class D, finding my seat at the back of the classroom, near the window. Sitting down, I saw the same girl from earlier come into the classroom. She walked closer and closer to me until she was at the desk right beside me. What a pain.