Destruction

Ayanokouji POV

I woke up, in the bed that I had somehow been sleeping in for the past 15 years. My body slowly rose from the bed, my gloves sticking tightly to my hand.

"Kiyotaka! Come down to get breakfast!" My mom exclaimed.

"Coming!" I yelled back, hopping out of my bed. I sprinted out of my room, making sure not to run too hard.

"I need you to clean up the house today since I have overtime at the office. Can you do that?" Mom asked.

"Yep! Now, what's on the menu for today?" I said, hopping into one of the chairs at the kitchen table.

"Eggs, a bit of bacon, and some toast," Mom said, placing the food on a plate. I grabbed a fork from the drawer and took the first bite.

"Mmmmm, pretty good, but not your best work." I critiqued.

"Sorry, Chef Kiyotaka. I'll do better next time," Mom said, bowing sarcastically.

"You're excused," I said, trying to give off a pretentious vibe. We both giggled.

"Ah, that was nice. Anyways, I'm heading off to work now!" She exclaimed, grabbing her badge off of the counter.

"See you later!" I exclaimed. Mom walked out of the door, shutting it on her way out.

I went back to eating, slowly taking bites out of my food. I looked at my gloves, as they were getting pretty tight. I adjusted it a bit and continued eating.

Now you may be wondering, "Why is he so obsessed with these gloves?"

You see, in this world, 80% of people have superpowers, 19% have no superpowers, and then the one percent are named Extras.

I'm one of those Extras. We are a special case, where our powers can't be defined nor can they be scaled.

My power is just energy manipulation, but I can only destroy and manipulate energy. I'm not familiar with my abilities yet, so I wear these gloves just in case I break something on accident.

Speaking of powers, today is a pretty big day.

In our schools, powers are used for the better of society. Most people decide to be superheroes, or if they fail, cops.

The school I'm currently attending is a superhero school. I've always wanted to follow in my mom's footsteps, as she's one of the top heroes in Japan.

Today, we'd be having our midterm exam, where we'd be fighting against actual heroes. They hadn't told us who we'd be fighting yet but should be texting us soon.

As if on cue, my phone vibrated twice, meaning I got a text.

I looked at the text, my heart rate increasing as I read the text.

"You will be facing...number #1 Hero, Storm!"

Timeskip

I arrived at my classroom, scared for my life. Storm was a powerful hero, who, just like the name suggests, uses lightning to strike down her enemies. Along with her amazing attack power, she has incredible speed, reaching the speed of light sometimes.

"What're you so shaken up for?" My seatmate, Horikita asked. She was verging on a friend, but I couldn't tell at this point. She was heavily interested in class politics, and I wouldn't doubt that she just wants to rule the school as a dictator.

"I got my opponent on my phone today, and it's not looking good for me," I said, squeezing my pantlegs.

"Can't be worse than me. I got Tempo," Horikita said, groaning. Her abilities were good enough to put up a fight, but I don't think she'd put up much of a fight against him.