losing motivation

On a dark, mellow night, a young girl sits at her desk.

Her name is Horitika Suzune. A top student in her class, someone who has never faced struggle in her life it seems. Why would she have any problems? She's beautiful, somewhat wealthy, and adored by most.

What possible problems could she have..?

As she stares at the few sheets of missing work, these sorts of thoughts run through her brain. Is she really just a spoiled brat? Why is she not allowed to feel bad? Whenever she tries to vent about her problems, someone always has to one up her, or tell her that her status cancels it out.

Why can't she feel bad?

She feels too, so why does she have to bottle it up?

Why can't she just be herself?

Horikita begins on her work, and looks for a song. A couple of swipes, and her playlist is there.

She presses shuffle, and begins.

The session is filled with the highest highs, and the lowest lows. 

This is her favorite time of the day. Just her and her music against the world. Not one thing can ruin the mood.

After all of it's finished, she calls it quits, and begins looking at her messages. 

One message, complaining about how she didn't show up to a track meet.

Another one, about how she ghosted someone earlier.

Then she remembers. She had things to do today.

Horikita hangs her head in shame, and tries to type something out, but nothing is working. Nothing feels truthful, only fake.

Eventually, she gives up again, and just types out a brief apology. As she gets ready for bed, she wonders:

Does she really like what she's doing? She barely has any time to show up, and when she does she isn't having fun at all. Yet again, more of her life that feels like a drag.

She becomes somber and realizes that she isn't the same Horikita as 2 years ago. This Horikita is cooped up inside her room all day, doing missing work that she forgot to do previously.

And at the end, there is always the same wonder:

Is she just being spoiled?

-hi