thing

Anya, Mitsuki, and Yusei are my OCs, not an actual characters in the series. Also, this is a timeline where Ayanokouji escapes a little bit early, due to reasons I'll explain if I finish.

For as long as he's lived, Ayanokouji has run. Even when he was just a tiny child in a robe, he'd enjoy running around the facility known as the white room. . Even when he escaped, and found a family of his own, Ayanokouji joined the track team in middle school and hadn't looked back until this day. For as much as he was concerned, his legs were the only thing that kept him going.

So the shock that came when Dr. Toshiro said he couldn't use those same legs shook him to the core.

"He has Guillain-Barré Syndrome," the doctor spoke silently. "It happens when someone's immune system harms their nerves, resulting in paralysis."

Ayanokouji's eyes widened, and he blocked out the rest. Millions of thoughts ran through his head. But one reigned above all.

Would he ever get to run again?

His eyes glanced towards the black wheelchair that stood out in the pale room he was held in.

For what felt like minutes of contemplating his future, Ayanokouji came back to reality. The cold, white, room of reality.

"Dr. Toshiro, is there anything we can do?" Ayanokouji's foster mother, Mitsuki asked. Tears streamed down her face, voice breaking. Ayanokouji's foster father, Yusei, slowly embraced Mitsuki and glanced at Toshiro.

"...If Ayanokouji would like to do it, we can put him through physical therapy. This would be very painful and take a lot of work over a long time, but with enough dedication, he could walk again."

The two parents breathed a sigh of relief. Ayanokouji, however, wasn't pleased. Walk? Just...walk?

Not even run?

"Well, I'll leave you to decide. Inform me of your decision when you are all ready." Toshiro said, leaving through the green door.

Ayanokouji and his parents slowly talked it over, but they all knew the answer would be yes. A few hours later, his parents left seemingly without a trace. Ayanokouji's finger brushed against the Nurse button, and a short lady came to let him into his wheelchair.

He slowly rolled out of the door and saw a girl outside. Anya.

"Ayanokouji!" she exclaimed, running over. The two had met during this school year, Ayanokouji being newer to the city than Anya, who'd been here in Tokyo her whole life.

Ayanokouji personally, had always thought she was pretty interesting. She had fair, brown skin with freckles, and had this bubbly aura around her that could even cheer him up at times.

"Oh my days...you look like a zombie! Have you been eating enough?" she asked. Ayanokouji nodded, and waved.

"I'm doing fine. How're you?"

"My injury is completely healed!" Anya said, doing a little twirl. She'd also done track, basketball, soccer, and any sport she could think of. Anya was good too, so it was confusing when Ayanokouji found her in the room next to him sobbing with a cast on her leg. From what he heard, she got fouled during a soccer match and it wasn't pretty.

Anya was devastated on that first day. Whenever Ayanokouji would try to visit her, she would just be bawling, tears all over the sheets.

"That's great." Ayanokouji said, a disappointing smile dawning on his face. Anya's hands swung behind her back, and she pouted angrily.

"If you're gonna congratulate me, at least act like you want to," she complained, causing a sigh to escape the boy's mouth.

"So...when do you get outta here?" Anya asked. Ayanokouji's face turned downwards.

"Erm...I don't know. My fever was a lot more serious than we thought." he spoke, scratching his head. Anya's face twisted in confusion. For as far as she knew, when that incident happened he was just a bit under the weather.

"I've got some disease. Guillain-Barré Syndrome, I think it was called." Ayanokouji admitted. Her face remained in confusion.

"Does it paralyze your legs or somethin'?" Anya asked. Ayanokouji nodded quickly. Anya began to ponder, and Ayanokouji looked down the hallway. Dr. Toshiro sat farther down, speaking to his parents.

The two sat in silence for a while, letting the beeps of the hospital fill the mood.

Once it was late enough, the two had to split. Anya went with her parents, and Ayanokouji walked back through that green door.

With the nurse's help, he was put to bed.

Meanwhile, Anya's family had a lively, yet quiet ride home. Her parents were overjoyed that she had come home, while she seemed less than satisfied with the result now.

During her days with Ayanokouji in hospital, they talked the most they had ever talked between the two of them. Sometimes they would go to the park and sit on the dark green grass, admiring the nature around them. Or, on other days they watch movies together, although not late due to policy.

Compared to when they first met, that was a major improvement.They had met on the first day of 1st year, but didn't talk much other than when Ms. Chabashira gave them projects together.

Ayanokouji, to Anya's stalker-like knowledge at least, was pretty smart, although his grades don't show it. Pretty cute, likes track and reading, and kinda short, for a guy anyways. Likes, almond chocolate bars, and eats a lot of ramen. Otherwise, there was nothing on him, 'cause he was very quiet.

"Anya, you okay back there?" her father asked, looking into the mirror. Anya was seen looking distantly out of the window into the night, as if she missed something important.

"Yep. Just thinking about something."

Ayanokouji sat in his bed, and sighed. He attempted to move his leg, to no avail. Frustration rid the boy's mind, and he gripped the pale, white sheets.

If there was someone to give him a wish for once in his life, he would only wish to run, and nothing else.

Cursing whoever was above, Ayanokouji nodded off to sleep.

The next day Ayanokouji was woken up early, as they were going to give him the rundown on physical therapy. He sluggishly pressed the nurse's button, and she came to pick him up.

Ayanokouji rolled to the physical therapist's office, and began getting the basics of what they'll be doing. The therapist's name was Dr. Frazier, and he seemed alright. He was a foreigner that was around Ayanokouji's height at 5'7 with a stubble and curly brown hair. Built as well.

"Essentially, we'll have you doing a couple of exercises each day, none of which are too painful, but you're not gonna love them either." Dr. Frazier explained. Ayanokouji nodded, and they began.

In the corner of the room, Anya, along with Ayanokouji's parents, came to watch how he was doing. Ayanokouji's parents took the day off, while Anya just skipped all together.

"Hey, are you waiting for someone?" Mitsuki asked Anya. She nodded, and pointed towards Ayanokouji.

Mitsuki silently gasped, and pondered whether or not Ayanokouji had gotten a girlfriend. Yusei just nodded, and had a lighthearted conversation with Anya about the World Cup that was coming up soon. Yusei and Anya had their bets on France.

Ayanokouji looked over, and spotted the three of them, the left corner of his lips curving upwards.

He was going to succeed.

It's me, back after another month long break

honestly i don't even have an excuse for this one, i've wanted to write for so long but lack the ideas for it

anyways, i might try and make another story, might not, i dont know

-virginsenpai