Chapter 32: The Brother of The Dead Girl

Tyler’s POV

“He wants to meet us at the hotel lobby at seven o’clock,” Haley said staring down at the phone screen. I nod weakly, knowing that Anthony still wanted to flip out on me more, I just didn’t know it would be so soon.

This was so much for me to handle, the funeral and burial had just ended and there is only so much one guy can take.

I remember going up to see Kayla, her perfect face, lips pressed together eyes shut. Her neck was covered, so no one could see the rope marks.

Haley and I walked up to see her hand in hand, she avoided looking at Kayla’s face, and stared at her feet. I tried to say something but she just shook her head, and stepped back a few feet. I wished I could do the same, but Haley didn’t ruin Kayla’s life like I did. I had to at least apologize to her, even if it was just her body.

“Kayla,” I whispered so no one could hear me. Tears soon became hard to hide.  I quickly wiped them hoping no one would notice.

“I’m so sorry,” I whispered, I could no longer stare at her. I looked down at my feet. I had to keep going, but I felt like something inside of me was breaking. Maybe it because this girl, a girl I used to be in love with, is in a coffin. She would always be first love, the one who’s name would always repeat in my head at night with what ifs and maybes.

It’s like her whole death became so real, like everything before was just an allusion, and now she is dead.

I wanted to walk away, I wanted to run out of this place, but I couldn’t, I had to ask her  one more thing.

“Kayla, I know you hate me, but you never let me explain. I didn’t have sex with Nicole, and I have been in love with you for these past two years. Now, I don’t know why, but I am falling for your best friend, and I hope that some way you will accept that,” I whispered, staring at my feet. I suddenly felt sick to my stomach, I couldn’t do this anymore. She was just lying there, so still, so dead. She would never be able to gradate, never legally drink, and have kids all because of me and couple ever idiots. I would never know if she really forgave me. I backed up from her quickly, and the whole room was spinning.  I sprinted for the bathroom. I made it just in time; I threw up in the toilet, and then was tempted to flush myself down with it.

“Tyler! Hello! We just missed our turn,” Haley said, making me thoughts about today’s events slowly slip away.

“Sorry,” I muttered, pulling into a driveway to turn around.

“You okay?” Haley asked, staring at me, looking concerned. I shook my head, and pulled in the parking lot.  We pulled in right front of the lobby, and I felt Haley staring at me. It was silent for moment.

 “Let’s just go in,” I said, opening up the car door.

“Fine, you better tell me about it later,” She said.

I highly doubted that, I had so much on my mind, Kayla’s funeral, the fact that I was falling for her, her speech and I still couldn’t get what Samantha said about her keeping a secret from me. I was going insane, and now I was supposed to talk to Anthony, who wants to kill me, for making his sister’s life hell.