Chapter 11: The Lesser of Two Evils

I know the last chapter was extremely boring and I would just like to say that I am so very sorry. Hopefully this chapter will make up for it

Chapter 12

The flash drive was cold in my hands. I needed to finish watching Kayla's videos, I can't sleep or eat or do anything until I finish.

I darted up the stairs, I did not want to have another conversation with my mom, and she's already suspicious. I need to stay up in my room and pretend to be sick.

I sat up on my bed and opened up my laptop, and put in the flash drive.

Kayla's face popped up on the screen. I slide the arrows until I reach the video I was on. I squinted at the screen, it looked like she was at restaurant or something.

I take a deep breath, and press play.

Have you ever tried to sneak into Mackmoria's Diner?

Kayla shifts the camera to show the restaurant. I've only been to Mackmoria's Diner once, and that was a few years ago. Mackmoria's Diner was the whole 80 themed style. The camera moved back to face Kayla.

Well, if you didn't, don't try. It's harder than it looks.

I won't be able to go in the diner ever again. Or if I did I would never go to the third booth closest to the door.

I had to climb in from back the window, but it was worth it. I had to make this video in here. This is where most of my story takes place. It is where most of the bad things happened to me. In this story you can decide which one this story is mostly about.

How did I not even try to talk to her after what happened with me and Nicole? Well, I mean I guess I did, once, but it was a failed attempt and I wasn't trying hard enough. If only I knew what she was going through. I would have done so much more. I'm such an asshole.

In October of tenth grade, once Haley and I were reunited, we started to focus our attention on guys. I mean were girls, so obviously we wanted boyfriends.

I feel myself tense up. I didn't like the thought of Kayla and Haley looking for guys. There were hell of a lot of players in our school.

Haley! Holy shit. I quickly paused the video.

I completely forgot about her waiting in the woods. I grabbed my phone off my desk and called her number.

"Hello" Haley answered.

"Hey. Are you still in the woods?" I asked, I was hoping she was, I didn't want her walking home alone. I wanted to drive her back to her house.

"Yeah, I am. But I think I'm going to go home now." She said.

"Wait!"I said a little bit too quickly. "I can drive you."

"My house is only a few blocks away. I will be fine." Haley said trying to reassure me. Her voice said otherwise. Her house wasn't too far away but for some reason it just made me so uncomfortable. But I didn't want to be too pushy, so if she wants to walk then, I guess I will let her walk.

"Okay. I guess you're right. But if you ever want to talk about Kayla-"

"No. I don't want to. Or at least I don't right now. I have to go." Haley said, her voiced sounded hoarse. I wanted to go to the woods trial and drive her to her house but that would just make her upset with me . She hung up.

I looked down at my phone. I saw I had one new message. It was from Samantha.

Hey babe were were you today