Chapter 10: Caught

Hi.

I’m really tring to update every week.

I’m sorry its just I'm so stressed out.

Okay this chapter is a fill-in chapter, and I know it’s really short but I need to forgive me. I edited this like six times but I bet there is still like twenty mistakes.

I need to sleep, it’s like 2 a.m.

PLEASE ENJOYYY

Chapter 11

____________________________________________________________________

When I finally pull into my driveway, I noticed my mom’s car was parked in the garage. Shit. Well, maybe she just got home.

I opened up the door to find my mom, standing there with her arms crossed. She looked pissed.

“Where were you today? The school called today, informing me that you weren’t in school.” She said glaring at me.

Oh fuck me.

~

“I-I uh…” Normally I could think of lie and make up a believable story in the matter of seconds. But today was not a normal day, and I haven’t really been acting like myself.

“Did you and Austin skip school? Tyler, I swear if you planned this all along you will never be allowed to go to Austin’s, and a school project? Seriously?  Did you even work on the school project?” She demanded.

“Mom, you don’t understand. Kayla Wigmen killed herself!” I said. I knew my mom still really liked Kayla because she often asked how she was out of the blue, in hopes that some day we would get back together. I always hoped that too, but I never admitted it to anyone, including myself.

My mom bit her lip, and looked over at me.

“Oh honey I’m so sorry to hear that, but that doesn’t give you and Austin an excuse to skip school"  My mom said still looking disappointed. Okay, I had to tell her part of the truth. And I would tell half of a lie. Sort of like a half truth and half lie. That always worked out.

“Austin didn’t skip with me, and I was at school in the morning. I saw Kayla’s best friend, Haley crying. I asked her what was wrong and she told me about Kayla, and we already were missing class, so I offered to drive her home, and when we got her house, she didn’t want to go in. And I sort of just talked to her the rest of the day. I had no idea it was getting so late, I just wanted to comfort her. She was crying for awhile, and I just let her talk it all out. She feels a lot better now. I'm really sorry, Mom. I wasn’t thinking about school at the time, I was just trying make Haley feel better” I said, trying my best to look convincing.

I felt guilty for making up a story about Haley and her being upset. I wished this was how it really went, that there were no videos and Haley actually told me how she felt.

“I’m not happy that you missed school, but that was very kind of what you did to that girl.” My mom said, and she smiled at me.

I forced a smile back at her, because if she knew what I was really doing, and what I really did to Kayla, and that I was one of the reasons that she killed herself, she would be so ashamed.

My mom closed her eyes, and looked up the ceiling. She looked so sad, and just two seconds ago she was smiling. I will never understand women.

“Mom?” I whispered. “Are you okay?”