Chapter 7: Coffee For Two

CHAPTER EIGHT…

Sorry that I take so long to update.

Okay I also didn’t edit this but I promise I will go through one day and edit everything.

______________________________________________________________________________

Maybe he meant different videos or something; I mean there are a lot of videos out there. No, I'm just making excuses for myself. There are no other videos out there that would make him send a message like that.

I can’t go talk to him. What am I supposed to say? ‘Hey, man, you know that I'm an asshole, but that was in the past.’ There is nothing I could possibly say to make what I did okay.

I slowly shut my laptop and move it to the passenger seat. I grab the pink flash drive and put it in a paper bag underneath my seat. The last thing I want is for someone looking in my car and see the pink flash drive, and know that I’m watching Kayla’s videos.

I start my car, by the time I get to Gerry’s, it should be near seven.

I drive out in the woods, but all I can think about is Kayla. Kayla. Kayla Wigmen. Kayla killed herself. Kayla is dead.

Why did she have to be dead?

Out of all people in this world Kayla is dead. I wish I could go back change all of the stupid things I have ever done. Kayla would still be alive.

I feel like there is a part of me that still loves her, but Kayla is dead and I have a girlfriend, a girl who really likes me and I really like her.  I started dating Samantha three months after the whole Nicole thing. I didn’t even like her when we first started dating, I still was in love with Kayla.

I never realized this but I don't think ever stopped loving Kayla. Most people say you can’t love someone until your much older but with Kayla, it was different.

Thinking about Kayla took my mind off of going to Gerry’s, I was only a few minutes away, and I haven’t even planned out what I am going to say or how I am going to say it.

Okay, I have to tell him right off the bat that I did not have sex with Nicole and did not see the condom. I will also tell him that I wasn’t planning to have sex with Nicole. I mean it was freshmen year, I don’t even think I knew how to have sex.

Then I will tell him that I know that I’m horrible and I deserve to listen to these videos and to be tortured like this. I do deserve it. 

I was in the parking lot of Gerry’s. I didn’t want to go in yet. I just needed to rehearse a few more times. After the fifth time of going through of what I’m supposed to say, I get out of my car, and walk inside.

The door jingles when I walk in. I look around, there were a few booths in the back, maybe he’s back there.

“Tyler.” I hear him call, his head peeks out of the very back booth. I quickly walk over to him. I slowly slide down across from him. I don’t say a word.

“Can I get you two anything to drink,” the waitress asks pleasantly.

“Two coffees.” He answered, still staring directly at me.

“Okay! I will bring them to you shortly,” She said while smiling. She bounces off.

It was quiet. Neither of us were talking. He scratched his head.

“A lot went down in my closet that I didn’t know about.” He whispers. I shut my eyes. I didn’t know I could respond.

“Can I just explain?” I beg, avoid eye contact which hard, because he was staring at me.