Chapter 19: Two Larges

Hey guys so there was a mix up with a few of the chapters, and I missed chapter 7, so I had to go back and change all of the chapters to chronological order!

Chapter 20

Tyler’s POV

It was three in the morning.

Here I am sitting in a booth and Gerry’s. The second day in a row. I had just finished watching Jake’s video ten minutes ago, and was still recovering.

I had to keep in mind that what Kayla said was not whole story, my story sounded awful, but once I explained it, it wasn’t nearly as bad.

The bell rang, and I whipped my head to see Jake Bennet, standing there, his eyes searching for me.

There was only two other tables that were being occupied in the Diner, so it only took him a second to find me. He walked over the front and I heard him order two large coffees.

Jake slid down in the booth.

“ Explain.” I said, while eyeing the coffee that the waitress pouring into two cups.

Jake looked away and sighed.

“There really isn’t anything to explain.” He said. “I just lost it. I knew I shouldn’t have left her, but I was so freaked out.”

The way Kayla explained things really made the situation sound pretty bad. But if I was in the same situation, and Kayla showed me that, I would have freaked out and ran too.

It really affected Kayla, and they way she said it, it made what he did sound awful. Jake didn’t know that’s what she was thinking, if he did, he would have walked away like that. Or at least I think he wouldn’t.

“If you would have known that Kayla was thinking about suicide, when you left her, would you have left her?’ I asked, hoping that I was right, and Jake really wasn’t a bad guy.

“No.” He said quickly. The waitress came over with our coffees and put one next to me and the other near Jake.

“Will that be all?” She asked, batting her eyes at us. I rolled me eyes. She was like thirty, and wasn’t very pretty.

Jake shook his head, and she left.

Jake sips his coffee, and glances up at me.

“I didn’t really think it was a big deal. Afterwards, I realized that she was probably really upset, I found out that she was hurting herself, and I acted like I didn’t care. Then I knew how much I fucked up, so I avoided her.” He said, still looking at his coffee.

“Yeah, I guess I understand.” I said, taking a sip of my coffee.