Chapter 27: I'm Fine

Tyler’s POV

“I had an extra video at the end of mine, and Kayla said I needed to give the videos to Anthony, because she wasn’t expecting him to be on it,” I said. I was glad I got it all at once; I was scared to tell Haley, would she get mad at me? Yell at me? I did not want her to yell at me.

“So he just got them, like today?” She asked, with all of the color drained from her face. I nodded. Oh no, was it bad that I gave it to him? Everyone else should assume that he got him ,why did she look so freaked?

“Is it a bad thing?” I asked.

“Well, I just never really thought about Anthony having the videos, now it’s just weird that he will find out all this stuff about me,” She said softly, looking at the ground. She looked so pretty, and I try not to look for too long. I wanted to ask her about what that man did to her so desperately, I want to know, and it bothers me so much. I have no idea why, but it kills me. I have to know, I need to know. Why did I care so much?  What if she just starts to cry? What do I do? I don’t want to hurt her by talk about it, but I need know. I need know what he did, so I can find the guy and kill him for it.

But what if it what I think, I don’t think I would able to go on knowing if he raped her or something. Oh, God, stop I can’t think about it.

“Haley?” I said, and she looked up at me.

“I have been wanting to ask you something for a few days, I don’t know why, I just can’t keep getting it out of my head. I want to ask you, but I don’t want to make you talk about something that you don’t want to talk about, I want to know, but at the same time I’m scared. I just don’t want to know something really bad happened, but I can’t live with not knowing, I really care about you, Haley.” I blurted. She widened her eyes, and the last part. Wait, what I cared about her? I knew I did, but I never meant to tell her, what she freaks out? I know she doesn’t feel that same, I made her best friend kill herself.

“You can ask me,” She whispered, biting her lip. I let go of my breath, which I didn’t know I was holding. She just avoided the whole subject, which was good because two days ago I was in love Kayla, and now I’m starting to like Haley. What the hell? I don’t like her, I just really care about her. I looked back at her, with her flawless face, and perfectly smooth hair, damn, I was falling for her. Fuck.

How was I suppose to ask her now? Now that I have admitted to myself that I actually like her, I can’t ask her. It will just hurt me too much.

I had to know though. I had to. I just have to say it quick, so it will be over. I know she will tell me quickly too, because she won’t want to talk about it.

“What did he do to you?” I whispered, avoiding eye contact. I didn’t want to look in her eyes, I might lose it. Haley doesn’t respond at first, and I looked up to see her staring off into space. I scoop over to get closer. I knew I should have asked her that! Why am I so stupid? Now she is going to cry. It’s my fault I made her cry.

“You don’t have to answer, I’m sorry I asked,” I muttered. She looked back over at me, and I saw she wasn’t crying. But, she did look sad, her eyes, they didn’t match her face. Her face was tough, and serious, and don’t mess with me. But she also looked so broken.