Chapter 5: Hookups and Heartbreak

Chapter  5

The screen was black.

I tapped on the keyboard, and move the mouse so it’s on the play button. But, I don’t press it. I can‘t. Kayla was about to talk about the stupidest mistake I ever did.

Okay, Monica will know. That’s not bad. She was a backstabbing bitch. I didn’t even care what she thought of me.

Melissa will know what I did too. I don’t give a fuck about her. She made Kayla break up with me and blackmailed her.

Who knows all the other people that are watching these videos, right now. There could be twenty more videos, twenty more people. That’s what scared me the most. I had no idea who was watching these videos.

The only way to find out, is to play the rest of the videos. Wait, maybe I can just skip to the next one without watching this one. It’s not like anyone will know. Kayla

 I have to watch these videos. I look at the screen. I gulped and pressed play.

Tyler. You sure are special.

The screen was still black. I couldn’t see her face.

One person gets two videos. Right in a row. Actually most of you come up a few times. So Monica and Melissa, you’re not exactly off the hook. But Tyler, you’re on this video twice, you changed my life, and not for the better.

 I wish I could go back and change everything I ever did.

But before I tell what happened, I want to give you some background information.

I know what she was going to say, I knew exactly what she was going to say. She was going to tell everyone about the worse thing I have ever done.

Nicole Harris. My best friend for seven years. Nicole you were my other half. I told you everything about the break up. You knew what Melissa did to me, but you didn't care.

What the hell? Nicole said they were in a fight. She had told me that she told Kayla that it was a mistake to dump me and that Kayla had flipped out on her.  And now Kayla is saying Nicole knew about Melissa, and how Kayla didn't want to break up with me? Nicole told me she was already fooling around with other guys.

I cried for hours in bedroom with you telling me that you would take care of it, and it would all get better. And the craziest part? I believed it. What a dumbass I was or maybe that’s what you meant by take care of it. Maybe I should explain Nicole’s and my friendship.

She was your best friend. I completly ruined their freindship. What was I thinking? You were always together. I had spoke to Nicole often, considering her and Kayla were glued to the hip.

Nicole and I met in the second grade, at gym class when we were the only two girls who wanted to play dodge ball. After the game she asked if I wanted to come over to her house.

You were my best friend. All of the memories we made together and the secrets we had. Do you remember the time we went skinny dipping in the pool at your lake house at three A.M? Or  in the seventh grade when I dared you to kiss Hunter, your crush? Maybe that's all a blur now.

My heart was pumping, I was terrified. I knew she was waiting to drop the bomb about me and Nicole. I knew this was what it was about. For some reason a part of me still hoped she wouldn't tell everyone about it, but she was dead. She didn't care, and I knew I deserved it.

Maybe this will clear your mind, Do you recall in ninth grade, two weeks after I broke up with Tyler, a guy I dated for over a year, and was forced to break up with you hooked up with him at a party. , which I told all about the blackmailing, but that didn’t stop you from hooking up with him in a closet at Jake’s party.