Chapter 4: Hate is the Best Medicine

Chapter 4

"Mommy! Tyler's leaving!" Lindsay yells as I walk out the front door. I groan, but don't stop to say anything. I slam the door on my way out. I knew my mom would storm out in a second, scolding me for not telling her that I was leaving. I mentally prepared myself.

Sure enough, my mom comes out the door with her arms crossed.

"Tyler! You can't just storm out of the house without any explanation! It is not-" I cut her off.

"Mom, I'm sorry. I was in a rush, and I just realized I had a huge English project due on Friday. So, I was headed to Austin's house." I said calmly. This, of course, was a lie. My mom would believe it; I went over to Austin's house a lot to do projects.

Her face softened. "Oh, honey, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was school work. What time will you back?" she asked.

"I think I may spend the night, is that okay?" I ask.

My mom bites her lip. "I guess that would alright."

Shit. She was starting not to buy it. I didn't want o lie more, I already felt bad enough, but I had to go some place to watch Kayla's videos.

"Yeah, the project is about comparing two Shakespeare plays, I'm still deciding which ones." I add, trying to make it more believable.

"Okay, work hard, and remember, I love you." My mom says.

"I love you too," I say as get in my car.  I pull out of the driveway, and take a breath. That was close.

It takes me about five seconds to remember the videos. Well, I was momentairly happy for a little.

I was next the next video. My story was next. I would hear what Kayla thinks about me hating her and doing that awful thing to Nicole.

 Where should I go? I can't watch these in public. Wait, I know the back woods trial. It's this short road that loops around the woods, no one goes there.

It was about fifteen minutes away, but I decide to put in some music, to take my mind off Kayla.

But it didn't work. I was next. I couldn't get my mind to stop thinking about it. I wonder how many people are watching these videos. And how they feel, and how much different tomorrow will be, since now people will know she killed herself.

And people who watched these videos will know about me. And what I did.

I look over to my side and see Haley Brooks house. I immediately look away. Kayla's best friend. Even though I "hated" Kayla, I somehow was friends with Haley. Well not friends, but we were friendly.

I can't even imagine how she feels. She and Kayla had been friends since the ninth grade. Haley's house is just a few blocks away from the woods trail, so I was almost there.

When I pull into the wood trial, it makes a crunch noise, from the leaves, I slow down, and drive until the end of the trial.

I set the car in park, and open up my laptop. There it was, only one click away. I was going to find out why I was an asshole. Correction, I was going to find out what Kayla thinking when I was an asshole.

Tyler.

Kayla looks straight into the camera. I could tell it was a different day, she was wearing a bun and wasn't wearing any makeup. She was still beautiful. No. stop it, I don't think that.

We have a lot of history, you and me.

I look down. I wish I would have known about Melissa. And her blackmailing. I was a fucking idiot.