Chapter 14: A Shoulder To Cry On?

Heyyyy guysss

HAPPY SPRING BREAKKKKKK!

That is if you still have one:P  a lot of schools don’t have a spring break because all the snow days. I had a lot of snow days but we will be making it up in June, so I will be going to school to June 18th or something.

So this chapter I did some paragraphs in Haley’s POV, and in it is one of her secretssss!

It also tells you a little more background on Haley and how her life is now that Kayla is gone. And there’s a flashback on Wednesday, when Haley found out that Kayla killed herself.

Once I get to the part about Kayla’s funeral I will probably I cry while I write it, because well, my best friend committed suicide last year so I will be writing from experience, and I might get too depressed and not be able to finish the funeral part so if I do I'm really sorry!

Anywayysss.

Chapter 15

Haley’s POV

I stare at Kayla’s perfect hair on my computer screen. I would always tell her how pretty her hair was, but she would just roll her eyes.

It’s funny how memories and little things people do just pop up in your mind once they’re gone.

I looked down at my fingernails. Eric Marshall did that to Kayla. She never told me about. I dated him for three months after that had happened. Why did she never tell me? Damn it if I would have paid a little more fucking attention to Kayla I would have noticed how she acted around Eric.

Why did she have to keep it a secret? Honestly I feel like shit. I should have known. How could I let that happen to my best friend?

I should call Eric right now, and scream at him. He deserved. Everyone knew that Kayla’s mom abused her, but Eric didn’t care.  How did I ever date him for five months?

But if I actually picked up my phone and called him, I wouldn’t know where to begin, and once I started talking, I might cry, and I don’t want anyone to see me cry.

When I found out about Kayla, I refused to cry. I couldn’t. If I cried it meant she was really gone. And I couldn’t put myself through that. I just had to pretend that Kayla was at her house, waiting to get a text back from me, or watching Netflix and eating her favorite food, pancakes.

I won’t ever be able to eat pancakes again.

I looked around my room. It was so messy. I was always such a neat freak, but ever since, Kayla died, I stopped caring about things like that. I stopped caring about a lot of things. It has only been a few days, and I already changed so much. I haven’t been wearing makeup and I hardly eat anymore.  The last time I ate was Thursday at lunch.

My mom told me that Kayla’s funeral was going to be on Wednesday. She also said that Kayla’s dad isn’t even talking, and that Anthony was the one who planned it. He said it was going to be very small, family and Kayla’s closest friends. My mom said I should take some of Kayla’s good friends at school. It was going to be at Kayla’s grandparent’s house, in Minnesota. I should call Anthony and talk to him, but hearing his voice would remind me of Kayla. Kayla and Anthony were always really close, making me really close to Anthony. I remember the one time we had this huge food fight in the kitchen.

I slowly get up and pick up the note Kayla gave with the flash drives. I got it as soon as I got home from school, so I already knew she was dead. But it just didn’t process into my head. Also in the box, was pictures and me and Kayla. I hadn’t looked at them yet, but maybe looking at them would make fun a little bit better.