Chapter 2: The Undercover Bitch

______________________________________________________________________________

Why, hello. Congratulations, you made through the first video.

I barely made through the first video.

But don't get too happy, that was the easy part. Alright, now ladies and gentlemen put your hands together, for the very first person that ruined life

Kayla tucked her hair around her ears and put her hands together. I tried to look past her, to see where she was, but her head was in the way. She clears her throat.

Monica Burgess.

Monica? What did Monica do? She wasn't mean or anything. She is one of my friends. She got abit crazy when she got drunk and did a few stupid things, such as sleeping with her boyfriend's best friend.

I bet you didn't expect that, now did you?

No, I didn't.

Monica, sweetie, before I continue, I want you to look around.

Kayla moved over, I leaned into the camera, trying to see where she was. I didn't recognize where she was, all I saw her beautiful eyes. They were a pretty shade of light green, if you looked deep enough they were alight blue, I missed looking at them.

Here, allow me to give you better view.

Kayla turns the camera towards a door. It was someone's front door, I look closer. I know that door. It's Monica's front door.

It case you don't know, that's Monica's front door. Monica, don't be alarmed. I'm not stalking you or anything. No, I just thought this would be a good place to tell how much you fucked up life.

Kayla looks over at the door, and then looks back at the camera. How did Monica fuck up Kayla's life? Monica wasn't a bad person or anything. 

You see, Monica, was my best friend. Weren't you Monica? Or can you not remember two years ago?

Huh? Monica and Kayla were never best friends. I remember them being friends in ninth grade, but they never close.

Well, she was my best friend at cheerleading.

Oh, Kayla was a cheerleader in ninth grade. I completely forgot. She only joined because she wanted to be with Nicole, who ended up not even making the team. I shiver for a second and mentally smack myself for thinking about Nicole.

The Summer before going into ninth grade, we had cheer practice every other day. We were the only freshmen, needless to say, we became close. I had gotten so excited when I realized we had three classes together. However, as soon as we stepped out of practice, Monica became a completely different person. She immediately sat next to the popular girls that she had talked shit on the entire summer. She ignored me, until practice.

What made you ignore me when weren't at cheer? Did I embarrass you? Was I not popular enough for you? I still don't what made you ignore me. But we went to the huge competition, and had to stay for three days. I completely forgot about you ignoring me school.

I remember that. Kayla was telling me all about the competition.

And I, being a dumbass, poured my heart out my family to you. Which you all know how dad abused me, and how he was taken to jail and all that. Blah-blah. I really don't want to talk about all that shit. That's a different video.

Yeah, I remembered hearing about that whole abusing thing, I asked her about it once, but she shut me out. I never asked about it again.

I bet none of you knew that Monica was the only person, I told about this. Because you heard this from so many people.

I did.  So many people I hardly knew came up to me and asked if it was true. I didn't know how to respond, I had denied it, but I honestly had no idea. She was my girlfriend, wasn't I supposed to know these things? 

Well, let me make it crystal clear. It was true. My dad abused me. There I said it. Now, I told Monica everything. All the beatings, and how I felt. I was crying. Monica sat and listened, and told me it would all be okay, and she wouldn't tell anyone about this.

Kayla looked away. She stopped talking.

But you lied. You told everyone. It was bad enough with everything going on at home. And the last thing I wanted was for people at school to know.

Kayla looks behind her at the door. I think I heard a faint noise coming from the inside.

That wasn't all you did, Monica.

Monica did more? I didn't know that Monica was the one who started that abusing thing. I heard it first from Hunter, during lunch when Kayla went to get a drink with Nicole and Chloe. He whisered it to me saying that the bruises on her arm were from her dad, and I just gaped at him, because I had no idea how to respond, or how he knew.

Monica, because of you, my dad thought I told everyone about her abusing me. She found out when the principal called her.

The principal is an annoying piece of shit. She digs into school gossip all the time.

When I got home from cheer practice, my  dad was gone. I'm sure I was supposed to feel relived and be thanking you, Monica. But no, even though he hurt me, he was still my dad.

Kayla shifts the camera and tucks her gorgeous dark hair behind ear. In a low whisper she says:

Here's another secret, Monica is a bitch. Be thankful if she's ignoring you.

I wish you would have told me that she did this to you, Kayla. You had no excuse; we were dating at the time. I should have pushed you, pushed you to tell me what was really going on.

I just can't belive Monica would do something like that. I had no idea. Why didn't Kayla tell me, I could have helped her.

So if you don't mind, I'm going to switch the camera back on me.

Kayla's face reappears. I look into her eyes again. She takes a breath

Alright, Monica here's the message I have for you. You are not the only reason why I killed myself, but you helped in one way.

She paused. And shut her eyes.

Well, actually you all helped in one way.

Now I close my eyes. I helped Kayla kill herself. Monica was a bitch, but when people hear what I did, oh God.

To find who is next slide to the next video, and press play.

The video stops, I let out a breath. I never knew any of that. How could she not tell me?

Monica just wanted to be popular, and I guess she achieved her goal. The rumor about Kayla helped her get invited to various parties and lead to her being crowned sophomore homecoming princess. It was awful what she did, but it was high school shit, what I did was much worse.

I slide my mouse to the next video. I pause, and look around the room, even though I knew no one was there, I felt like someone was watching me. I don't know if I can watch the rest of these. Monica's was just about a girl being a complete attention whore. Right now I really hated Monica, but I knew what I had done to kayla, how would people react if they knew what I had done?

The fact that the next video had a possiblity of being me, freaked me out. I had no idea who else was watching these, and that almost scared even more.