Chapter 30: Brunch Before The Death Bed

Tyler’s POV

The lump on my bed woke me up. I shifted trying to find a comfy spot. I turned to my left. The suddenly, I fell to the ground. I always sleep on the side near my wall in my bed, so this was not my bed. I stumbled up, and grabbed a hold of a desk. This was definitely not my room.

Then, I remembered, I was with Haley. I smiled as I thought of how she kissed me. She liked me! I fell back on the bed, I was so happy.

Next to me, was my phone, I checked the time, 10 o’clock. Wow, that wasn’t very late at all. I was exhausted last night, I thought I would sleep until three.

The door to the other room opened suddenly. Haley was fully dressed. She was a black dress that was tight from her chest to her hips, and then it flared out to her knees. I tried to not stare at her but I couldn’t help it. She looked really hot.

“Glad to see you’re up,” She smirked, she knew that I was checking her out, and I felt my cheeks get hot. She disappears for a second and then returns with a suit. She tosses it at me.

“Why are giving me this?’ I asked, smoothing it out on the bed.

“The funeral is today, dumbass. You slept two days straight,” She snickered. No, I couldn’t have, I grabbed my phone and check the calendar, to see if she was tricking me. She wasn’t.

“If it makes you feel any better, i woke up at 4:00 the morning today, twice as confused as you. I was like how did I wake up this early, and I'm not the least bit tired,” She said, giggling at the memory.

“So, once I realized the funeral was today, I went shopping for a dress, and decided to help you out by getting you a suit,” She said gesturing towards my suit, still laid out on the pull out couch bed.

“What time is the funeral?” I finally asked.

“It’s at three,” She answered.

“And you decided to put on your dress three hours early because?’ I asked.

“I wanted you to wake up to me looking like this,” She said, smirking at me. I felt my cheeks get hot again, I did like seeing her that dress, but I could not admit it to her.

“Are you okay, about going to the funeral?” I asked, but immediately regretted it, her smile faded, and she shut me out again.

“Yeah, fine.” She mutters.

“You know that’s not true,” I said, trying to get her to look at me. She avoided looking at me, and stared at her feet. She got up, slid on a pair of shoes.

“Let’s go restaurant downstairs, you’re a probably starving,” She said quickly changing the subject. I nod, and rise from my pull out couch. I straighten my back a little; sleeping on a couch really does kill a back, especially when you sleep for two whole days.