Chapter 29: In This Hotel Room...

Haley’s POV

“And you’re on the fourth floor, room nineteen, Miss Parker.” The check in man said, as he hands me my card. I nodded, and realized that it most look pretty weird with me having no luggage. I will have to go to the target that I saw a block away to get clothes and toiletries.

I start heading towards the elevator, which was on the other side of the lobby. There was no one else in the lobby, other than me and the check in man, probably because it was eleven o’clock at night. Most people don’t check in at that time.

My hotel room was a bit nicer than I thought it would be, I expected just a bed and bathroom,. There was that and there was a little living area in the front of room.

I pulled out my wallet from my purse, and saw I only had about forty dollars, which would not last me for four days. My parents had already paid for my room, and I'm guessing they called the hotel to tell them that I was coming earlier.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, and I pulled it out. It was Tyler.

“Hello?” I answered casually, hoping he wouldn’t be mad at me for leaving him in the woods.

“What room are you staying in?” He asked. What? Why did he want to know? When he still going stay at the hotel tomorrow?

“I’m on the fourth floor, room nineteen. Why?”  I asked. I heard shuffling in the background, and muffled noises.

“Well, I still plan on staying at that Hotel, so I was just wondering where I would find you,” He said.

“Oh, okay. Uh, Tyler I just wanted to apologize for running off today, I… I was, uh not feeling so well,” I lied.

“Well, I hope you’re feeling better now,” he said.

“I kind of am, and by the by I am already at the hotel. I decided to go there tonight, instead of tomorrow.” I said, while stretching out my legs on the couch.

“No that’s fine, I can drive up there by myself, I can map quest it or something,” He said, I noticed he sounded a little disappointed.

“Tyler I didn’t mean to…” I stopped; there was a knock on my door. “Wait, sorry, someone is at my door,”

I get up and slowly head for the door. Who would knock at my door now? Did someone get the wrong room? I didn’t know anyone in the hotel. I opened the door, and there stood Tyler, with two grocery bags.

“Tyler?!” I said, shocked. He smiled, and walked in. I shut the door, still in awe that he was here. Tyler looked over at me, and took a step forward towards me.

“Look Haley, I know you might be mad at me for following you, but if it’s one thing that I learned in the last few days is that you have to chase after what you want or else you’ll regret for the rest of your life,” He said, honestly staring into my eyes. He lets out a breath.