Chapter 40)

Dimitri handed my son to me. Mason. Oh gosh he looks so perfect. He has his daddy's deep brown eyes, with my skin color, he looks just like Dimitri. Oh my gosh, I wonder if this is how Dimi looked when he was a baby. 

"WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH" Mason started crying. 

Oh Gosh what do I do? 

I must've looked completely unsure of what to do because Dimitri took Mason back and began checking his diaper. 

"He's probably just hungry that's all." Lissa suggested. 

"Yeah." Dimitri agreed. 

Then Mason was handed back to me. "What? Oh..." At first I didn't understand why, but now I know. 

I awkwardly wrestled between making sure Mason wouldn't fall and getting my breast ready. 

Oh gosh, I really don't know anything about being a mother. It's terrifying. But at least Mason seemed to just be hungry and settled down. 

"Lissa? Is my mom here?"

"She will be here soon. She didn't want to come when you were still recovering. I told her when you woke up and she is on her way."

"Abe?"

"With her."

Dimitri squirmed a little. I guess the idea that my mobster father would be here soon to meet Mason, made him uncomfortable.

"What's wrong Comrade? You worried about Zmey?" I asked with a wink added for effect. 

"He worries me. How do you know that he's not going to skin me for impregnating his daughter?"

"He would have already. Besides we are married. He would have already taken you out if he wanted to do so. You know most of my personality comes from him right? Minus the guardian side..."

"Yeah."

"Then what are you worried about?"

"Your guardian side is like your conscience and it makes the crazy scemes you have be for the better purpose."

"That's why he has my mom!"

Dimitri stayed silent, still looking uncomfortable. 

"You- you're afraid of her too! This is just too funny."

"They aren't your in-laws!"

"They are my parents!"

"ENOUGH!" Lissa half- yelled. "I'm tired of listening to you two bicker like children. Can you just stop!"

Dimitri and I exchanged looks. This didn't sound like Lissa. I could feel the darkness from my healing inspiring it. I slightly nodded, to show Dimitri that it was. 

At that moment Christian walked in with a plate of food. 

"Did you guys realize how much hospital food sucks? Dude it totally sucks that you will live on this for the next week Rose and Dimitri. I mean-" Christian stopped abrubtly assessing the situation at hand. 

Then he started whispering to Lissa as I immeadiately blocked her out. I did not need to hear what was being said. I went through enough in highschool from the romantic escapades...