Chapter 13)

I felt lips on my forehead. "We're here." Dimitri said. I guess I fell asleep.

"This is definitely the best way to wake up. I wish I could get used to it, but I can't. Sometimes I think I'm dreaming." I slurred still sleepy. 

Dimitri kissed me on my nose this time. "I'm not going anywhere Roza. You remember that. I love you too much, it would rip me apart." I studied Dimi, he never opens himself this much. Especially not in public. I kissed him on the lips "I love you too. I am not leaving you either." 

"Come on you lovebirds it's time to get off of the plane." Christian reminded impatiently.

We stood up and exited the plane. I still can't believe I rode in a Royal Jet, I mean who could have foretold? 

I looked around my surroundings, Mark and Oksana's home. It is just like I remembered. Oksana and Mark ran outside to come and greet us. Oksana looked back and forth between Liss and I probably wondering why we weren't bonded anymore.

"We have a story to tell, one I hope you will help us reveal to the Belikovs." I sort of answered the question on her lips.

"Well then come on in, you can tell it over tea and crackers. You all must be exhausted from the plane ride." She said.

"Rose isn't." Christian said. I elbowed him in the stomach earning a glare from Dimitri, and a pleading look from Lissa. 

"What? It's not like he didn't have it coming!" 

"That doesn't mean you get to hit him." Dimitri chastised.

"What are you, my mother? Oh wait if you were then you wouldn't have been here to scold me." I replied, still unforgiving of my mother. 

"Hush, now isn't the time or place for you to be bitchy." Dimitri said.

"You aren't my mentor anymore, I am a free woman. Don't try to control me." I hissed in his ear.

"Roza I could never control you even when I was supposed to, don't think I could ever." He sighed.

Mark showed us to the couch "Please sit here, Oksana will be here in just a few with the tea. I will be right back I'm gonna go help her."

Christian and Dimitri sat at the opposite ends, both obviously agreeing that Liss and I should sit next to each other. They are right. Lissa grinned at me, probably so excited to meet and talk to another Spirit User. The fact that we aren't bonded anymore is so infuriating.

Mark and Oksana walked in with a platter full of snacks, chocolate donuts included, maybe they got the memo. Yum. Dimitri glanced at my face and chuckled. I elbowed him playfully. 

After a few minutes of eating, we are all so hungry. Oksana cleared her throat "So how come Rose you and your bond-mate aren't bonded anymore, that is your bond-mate right? And Dimitri a dhampir? Didn't you say he was a strigoi?" 

"Well all of that is a long story so you all better get comfortable. And yes Lissa is my bond-mate or was ..." I said.

I relayed the story starting way back to when I left the Belikovs. At times Dimitri flinched when I described the horrible things he did to me when he was strigoi, I rushed over those parts to save him from his past. He also flinched every time I talked about Adrian and I being together. I held his hand the whole time and squeezed it every time I felt like he needed moral support. 

"Wow, what hasn't happened to you Rose. I now understand why you need our help relaying this to the Belikovs. You should tell your story to them as you have us." Oksana said once she finally found her voice.

"And Yeva will be able to discern that you're telling the truth, and her family will believe her."

"Yeah I guess your right. I should walk there alone, tell them my story then come back and take you guys with me. Mark, Oksana would you mind having your guests here a little longer?" I asked.

"Absolutely no problem whatsoever. You guys are welcome anytime." Oksana answered.

"Are you sure you want to go alone Rose? Perhaps I should come with." Dimitri asked.

"Yes, especially you need to stay. They still think you are strigoi." I said. 

We kissed lightly attempting to keep it P.G. 

"I'd better get going." I said and set off on the trek.