Chapter 30)

I glanced around the room and saw that everyone I love was there. Dimitri and I decided to through a barbaque to tell all of our friends the good news. I just wished I could tell Adrian... But Dimitri was right, it would be too hard on him. 

Everyone was nawing on their tasty hamburgers that Dimitri grilled. He is such a great cook, I wonder if his mother taught him. I giggled at that thought, it reminded me of when his sisters told me that they dressed him up and pretended to be the groom in a wedding. 

Dimitri slipped his arm around my waist. "You ready?" he murmured. I nodded. 

"Hey! All you strangers in my living room, I have an announcement so pucker up!" I yelled out to get their attention. Immeadiately I recieved their undivided attention.

"So I don't know how much you guys know about the blessing Dimitri and I have been given, so I am just going to tell you guys the full story." I paused in case someone wanted to say something. I recieved blank stares that looked bored, and an encouraging smile from Lissa. "A couple of months ago we had a video chat with Sydney. She said that she had discovered a way for dhampirs to have children. Dimitri of course wanted to have kids with me, but I wasn't ready. I was worried for a plethora of reasons. I went to Lissa's to talk to her about it. When I returned home Dimitri proposed to me. Then we got married. On our honeymoon I realized I wanted a baby. So we got a hold of Sydney, and with the help of my dad she was able to come to court. So after working some Sydney magic, I am pregnant with Dimitri's baby!" Sydney cringed when I said magic, I forgot she gets uneasy about magic. 

Lissa squealed and ran up to me giving me a huge hug. "Now I have to get pregnant so our kids can be best friends." 

I laughed "You hear that pyro? You better get busy."

Christian looked at me with a shocked expression. "Are you suggesting I do the nasty with my fiance before we get married? How dare you suggest that!"

I gave him a pointed look. "I know that you have done it with Lissa long before you were even engaged. It's called being able to read your girlfriend's mind."

Christian looked uncomfortable for a moment. "Well its a good thing you can't anymore."

I winked at him then laughed. It seemed like everyone was happy for me and Dimitri except for my mother.

When she turned to look at me, her eyes were full of anger and disgust, and oddly remorse. "Rosemarie Hathaway, if I call you that name. I don't think you understand what you and your little boytoy think you are doing!" She spat.

Dimitri immeadiately rushed to my side, I don't think he could have come faster...

"Well Janine, you can't call me that anymore anyways. My last name isn't Hathaway it is Belikov. And he sure as hell isn't my boyoy, he is my husband! And Believe me, I thought about all of the implications that our little wonder could cause."

"You are throwing away your life! You are too young for this! You don't know the first thing about being a parent!"

"Me throwing away my life? haha. I live at court, I will have the time to be a mother. I am ready for this. And I sure as hell know more about being a parent than you. Are we still talking about me? Or are you talking about yourself? Because you sure as hell weren't the parent I needed, I wanted, and now you are smothering me? I don't need you anymore, and you think you still have a say in my life. The only people who will ever have any influence over me are Dimitri, Lissa, and my baby. Are any of those names yours? No they aren't so stop trying to control me, and start taking control of your life!" Janine actually recoiled, from my rant. She gave me one more look of sadness and she walked out the door. I can't believe I'm saying this, but her countenance actually looked similar to an upset puppy. I am not going to be sorry for her. She could have had influence over my life and my choices years ago, instead she shipped me off to an academy and left them to raise me. 

After she stalked off the rest of the night was spent in cheers, celebration, and rejoice. My dad even looked like he was enjoying himself without seeming to be calculating constantly.