Chapter 7)

When we got back to our room Dimitri gave me a worried look and said "Well, now that the easy part is over, I guess it's time to go tell your parents . . ."

I laughed "Afraid of undead strigoi, nope, afraid of my parents, very." I teased, though it is very true

Dimitri looked at me sheepishly and his eyes asked me if he had to go with, "Yes Dimi, you have to go with, besides if you marry me then you're going to have to confront them sooner or later . . ." I told him gently.

"Oh you're worth it, not anything in the world could stop me from loving you" At that comment I grabbed then pulled him into an embrace. kissing him, he kissed me back. The world surrounding me seemed to disappear, it is just us, and I am okay with that. This kind of a kiss- the kind you can only share with your soul mate- is the best kind, and I am the luckiest because it occurs at least once in a day. 

I don't know what I'll do guarding Lissa at Lee High, being so far away from him. It would be worth it though. Although, Lissa will be going through a similar withdrawal for her lover- Christian, so it will all work out in the end. Sides, it doesn't matter what I think, only what Lissa thinks.

"I love you" I said between breaths.

"and I you" Dimi completed.

At last I knew we had things to do, so I pulled away. Dimitri shot me a look that said Oh come on, that's not fair, everything else can wait. I shook my head, we had to tell my parents.

"I'm gonna set up a date with my parents, I know you don't want to, but it really is necessary."

"Oh all right."

I walked over to the kitchen, where the phone was and dialed my dads number, who knew what my mom was doing.

The phone rang two times then he answered "Hello."

"Hi dad. I was wondering if we could go to dinner together, would you like to go tonight?"

"Um, sure. Where? When?"

"Wherever you want, also I was gonna invite mom if thats okay."

"Oh ya that's no problem. We should probably schedule around Janine then. Why the sudden want to spend some time with your family?" Ah Zmey, always ever so careful.

"No reason, I just wanted to catch up, see how things are going, etc." I supplied the excuse, satisfactery. 

"How about we go to the new bistro?"

"That works, Dimi and I have been wanting to try that out sometime."

"I guess I will pick you up at 6, if that works." Abe said.

"Um, ya, I'll let you know if plans change while talking to mom."

"Okay, goodbye."

"See ya" I replied.

I came back into our living room, looking for Dimitri. I found him on our chocolate brown pleather couch engrossed in a Western book, typical.

I cleared my throat to get his attention without startling him. He looked up abruptly, smiling when he saw me.

"So, dinner at 6 with my dad, at the bistro, I haven't talked to my mom but I will next, is that cool?"

"Ya that's great, it'll be even better if I don't die tonight." Dimitri said so earnestly with the straightest face, I couldn't help but chuckle, because I knew he was serious.

"okay, well I'd better see if I can get ahold of mom."

"Ya, guess you should." He said, then glanced down at his book and continued reading. I returned to the kitchen to call my mom.

I awaited, on the fourth ring she picked up. "Hello"

"Hi" I responded

"Oh hi Rose, what's up?"

"Dimitri, Abe, and I were wondering if you wanted to have dinner with us, at 6 at the Bistro, would you like to come?"

"Oh I dunno Rose, I've got things ta do, your just lucky I'm still in court."

"MOM! I know you can pull a few strings so you can have dinner with us! It would mean a lot to me, all of us sitting together like a family. Besides it is really important, and you will understand later."

"Oh all right, just know I'm sacrificing a lot of things for you. And you should have given me much more of a warning."

I sighed, my mother can be hard to rattle. "Thanks mom, see you there at about 6: 15, or you can come here at 6"

"I'll come at six, see you then."

"bye." I said.

I walked back to the living room, and plopped onto the couch next to my fiance.

"mmm" He moaned welcoming me.

I leaned over kissed him, which was promptly returned. I immediately felt one hand entwine itself in my hair and another on my waist, begging for more. The intensity of our kiss picked up, and soon i was picked up, carried then placed on our bed. I unbuttoned his shirt, while he was pulling off mine. Eventually, there was a heap of clothes in a pile on the ground. After we had sex, we snuggled. I could just lie there with Dimitri forever, and never do anything else. 

"I love you, so much that words cannot convey it." I said.

"I love you too." He replied.

"Shit!" I exclaimed.

Dimitri turned his head a questioning look on his face. "What?" He asked sounding really concerned, naturally ready to fight whatever I was talking about.

"Um well its like 5 and we need to go to dinner, with my parents and stuff." I explained with an all too casual tone.

A frown immediately masked his features, "Oh Roza, can't we just lay until 5: 45?" 

"No, we are going to shower, get dressed, and look presentable for my parents, instead of hastily getting dressed, running a comb through our hair, and looking exactly like we just had sex." I love us not being in our teacher student roles, he acts more and more like a teenager now, it's kinda hilarious. I know that its just to humor me though. 

At that he sighed, "I guess you're right, oh well." Dimitri groaned in complaint as he got out of my hold and stood up. After I got out of bed, he stared at me with those deep brown eyes that could see through my soul. 

"You see something you like?" I asked, reminding him of something I'd said to him at St. Vladimir's when he'd caught me fooling around with Jessie. Dimi looked at me then, with the same expression he does now, staring at my black bra. 

His face lit up from that remark, into one of those rare smiles "Much."