Chapter 18)

We spent the next couple of days exploring town, playing board games, and spending time together. I found myself truly being able to loosen up and relax, Dimitri too. He is always so stoic and prepared for a sudden Strigoi attack, but now he has relaxed. He still glances around the rooms just to be sure, still prepared just in case, but he is in the most calm and relaxed state I have ever seen him in.

Any amount of time that we aren't playing around, we have been planning the wedding together. I love that I fit in with Dimitri's family like a long lost puzzle piece. The details so far are these: the wedding will be at the Corn Palace, as a personal joke for Dimi and I, all of the offspring of Dimitri's sisters are going to be the ring bearers and flowergirls, etc. his sisters will be my bridesmaids and Lissa the maid of honor. Mikhail, Eddie, and Christian will be the grooms men, the priest from St. Vladimirs will do the ceremony should he agree. The guests are: My mom, Abe, Sydney, Mia, and some old friends from school will be my guests. Dimitri has some guardian friends attending the wedding on his side, as well as his mom, grandma, and of course Mark and Oksana. So overall a small wedding, but a special one nevertheless.

The details are as follows:

When: August 23, 2012

Where: Corn Palace, South Dakota

What: Rose and Dimitri's wedding

~

I am so excited! I have been waiting for this forever! I love Dimitri and I can't stand the thought of losing him. He already died once, and as Princess Buttercup from the Princess Bride said "I died that day."