Chapter 34)

Four months along. I have been pregnant for four months now. It's starting to show through my clothes.

I keep getting the looks from people at court. You know the ones, the ones that say 'I know you cheated on Guardian Belikov, He's just too stupidly in love with you to not divorce you.'

Dimitri tells me that it doesn't matter, that what people think doesn't matter and that as long as my friends and family love me and support me that nothing matters.

Dimitri. I love him so much. He has taken such good care of me that I don't think that there is a person on the planet treated so nicely. The way he looks at me, oh god angels couldn't look nearly as loving. It seems that ever since I got pregnant that his love for me has doubled maybe even tripled. Sometimes I wonder if its that I can bear children that he loves me that much more. Then I think that I am being stupid and that the extra love is because we are married and he gets to call me his forever. Well whatever the reason he has pampered me beyond reason. 

Ever since I got pregnant Hans took me off of duty for pregnancy leave, so Dimitri took my place for half the time. He doesn't want me to be alone, perhaps because he knows that I am restless sitting around out of action, or perhaps because his worry and stress has doubled due to the fact that if I get hurt so does his child and that I can't protect myself that easily without hurting myself or getting exhausted. 

Today we are going to my docters appointment. Today we get to find out what gender my baby is.

I glanced at my husband with a loving excited expression and grabbed his free hand to hold. We are almost there!

As soon as we walked in we were called in to see the docter. My OBGYN is the only moroi or dhampir outside of my circle of friends that knows the real situation other than Hans. 

I sat on the chair and pulled up my shirt due to the request of the docter. I sucked in my breath when she put some cold and sticky gel on my stomach. 

Dimitri looked at me worriedly. "It's cold, that's all." I smiled and took his hand waiting to see the beautiful being inside of me. 

"It's a boy."

I looked at Dimitri, he was so excited he could barely contain it. "Mason."

He cocked his head to the side. "What?"

"I want out son to be named Mason."

"Are you sure Roza?"

"It's something I have been thinking about for a while. What do you think?"

"I was thinking of something like Lukyan and call him Luka. But there isn't a more honorable name than Mason. I love it."

"You hear that little guy? Your name is Mason, it was mommy's idea." He cooed into my stomache making me feel so happy I could burst.