Chapter 26)

When we got home Sydney was at the door waiting for us. Her expression and countenance clearly showed that she is excited, happy, and uncharacteristic of her, impatient. 

"The tests came out positive! It worked!" Exclaimed Sydney. Dimitri broke out into the largest grin and picked me up and spun me around. After he set me down he embraced Sydney in a warm hug. 

"Thank you so much, so, so much." Dimitri said. 

Sydney blushed. "It was nothing." It sounds like she is trying to downplay the hard work and dedication it had taken to make such a discovery. Like she doesn't usually get appreciation and praise for all the hard work she accomplishes.

"No really, we appreciate everything you have done for us. We can now be a family and nobody but you could have given this to us." I admonished. Dimitri put his arm around me as if to say that I didn't need to smother her so much, and that she can only take so much gratitude. I said my piece and I was finished anyways. 

"How long will you be staying in court?" I asked her. 

"I don't know, I figured I would get a room in a hotel and stick around until your baby is concieved and/or born. Just to make sure that my scientific conclusions are accurate."

"Hold on one second I can get you the finest room available in court, for little to no expenses. Also I'm sure that your conclusions are accurate though I'm certain that you will want to take notes during the pregnancy." I told her. I noticed that Dimitri smiled when I said pregnancy. I always knew that he wanted kids and that was something I couldn't give him, but now we have a world of possibilities.

"Oh really you don't need to do that for me, just a simple and functioning room is all."

"I won't have it any other way." At that I left the room to call Lissa.

She picked up after the second ring. 

"Hello?"

"Hi Liss, it's Rose."

"Oh hi Rose, what's up?"

"As you know Sydney is here for Dimitri and I, and she has been staying in my apartment. Anyways she wants to have her own room. I was hoping that with your queenly status you could pull a few strings and get her a nice apartment to stay for however long she needs."

"She can stay in the royal palace that way she can have everything she needs without having to go out in public and have to face all of the moroi and dhampirs."

"That would be awesome. Should I take her over tonight?"

"Have her come as soon as she can."

"Alright, thanks. I will see you soon."

"See you then, bye."

I walked back into the living room. "Sydney can you pack up-"

"-Already am."

"Sweet, you are going to stay at her royal majesty's palace!" I added the "her royal majesty's royal palace for some extra finash, to be dramatic. 

"I'm staying in Queen Vasilissa Dragomirs home?"

"Well yes, but call her Lissa. She prefers it with people that are friends."