Chapter 10)

I slammed the door shut. I cannot believe my mother! 

I soon felt strong arms around my waist tightening, restricting me, comforting me.

"settle down, you are overreacting!" Dimitri said.

"But she was so rude acting as if we are just babies! Why couldn't she have treated me as like a baby when I was one? When I needed her? Why is it that all of the sudden she wants to dictate my life?" I yelled as if he knew the answers.

"shh sh, I don't know. But what I do know is that I love you, and you love me, and that is all that matters. Nothing else." Dimitri whispered, lips on my ear, putting an extra emphasis on nothing. 

I relaxed because I realized that he was right, nothing else did matter. We are getting married and no mother is going to stop that. 

I kissed my fiance on the lips and soon I seemed to forget my surroundings. Eventually, unfortunately it had to end. I pulled away, glancing at the clock 9:45.

Dimitri looked at me inquisitively. "It's late, and we are both on duty tomorrow bright and early." I answered the question in his eyes. Those dark brown eyes, the ones that answered everything and more, the ones I lose my self in every time I look into them. 

~

I awoke to the sun shining in my eyes, sweet lips grazing mine.

"It's about time you woke up, we're going to be late to work if we're not careful." 

"Okay, I have been thinking, how about we take Lissa and Christian to Russia with us? I mean, it's not like they wouldn't want to come, and then people won't gossip, or co- workers get angry. Lissa could definitely use a break too. Your family would most certainly welcome anybody close to you or me." 

"You have certainly thought this through, I agree it makes alot of sense." Dimi mused

"I have also been thinking, when I met your mom, grandma, and sisters I told them you were strigoi, what are we going to do?"

"I have been thinking about that too. I figured you could go in first and talk to them, and if Lissa comes she can help the explanation."

"Or we could visit Mark and Oksana first, they would be more likely to believe us, seeing as how they have a bond. They could help convince your folks of the truth if necessary." I realized.

Dimitri smiled "Thats a great idea." 

"We should email everyone first and ask to come visit" I said.

"But not without inviting Lissa and Christian to join" Dimi reminded.

I nodded my agreement "so its nearly settled."

"Yeah, come on lets go."