Chapter 12)

One month Later

"Come on! We are going to miss the plane!" My ever so loyal fiance reminded my for the umpteenth time.

"I'm coming, we have loads of time. You are just anxious!" I responded. 

"Yeah, you're right. I just haven't seen my family for so long. I don't even know if they will welcome me back into their home, they still think I am strigoi

I cupped my hand onto his smooth chin from the shave from earlier, and brought his face closer to mine. I looked into those dark brown eyes full of concern and anxiety with love and confidence in my own. "They will welcome you into your home. I Promise."

"You can't say that, you don't know."

"Yes I can. I will make absolute sure they will let you into their home." I meant every word I said. I reached up and kissed him. Dimitri responded immediately. I pulled back and looked into his eyes once more and saw that he truly believed me. Then I pulled him closer into an embrace. I felt Dimitri nibble on my ear. 

I heard someone whistle in the background. Lissa and Christian were here.

"Way to ruin a moment!" I exclaimed with mock irritation.

"Me? What Me? I ruined a moment, I know I'd never do that. Isn't that right Lissa?" Christian said with a high-pitched falsetto motioning to Lissa. She in response rolled her eyes and just as sweetly said "of course you would dear."

"Huh? Now I thought you were my friend! I don't like you anymore!" Christian stated with false horror. Then he leaned down and kissed her. Ugh, they are so cute. I don't think I am one to talk though, lord knows what other people see while Dimitri and I are making out.

"Get a room!" I exclaimed. Christian and Liss broke apart, not without rolling their eyes.

Dimitri glanced at his watch "We should go, we'll be late." 

"Relax Comrade, there is still plenty of time. You are right though, we should get a show on the road."

All of us piled in the royal jet. God I loved that Lissa is Queen, I could get used to this life.