Chapter 17)

I smelt the wonderful aroma of the dinner Olena prepared mmm dinner rolls, potatoes and steak. Dimitri led Lissa, Christian, and I to the table as everybody sat down. There were two tables: the adult table and the kid table, we of course sat at the adult table. 

"Hey Christian, you should sit at the kid table maybe you would be more in your enviroment there." I taunted. In response I recieved a tongue stuck out at me. 

I glanced at Lissa "See! He should just sit there, maybe the little Belikovs manners will rub off on him."

Lissa rolled her eyes out of exasperation, but I saw a glint in her eyes that made me think she agreed. "I knew you'd agree." 

"Everyone over 18 will sit with the adults. Okay! And would you do me a favor and not act like the little kids you are." Dimitri said. 

Christian and I sighed in unison. "Fine" I said followed quickly by Chris. I glared at him.

I sat between Viktoria and Dimitri, Olena across from me. Lissa and Christian sat next to Dimitri. Sonya sat next to Olena.

"Mom." Dimitri grabbed Olena's attention.

"Yes dear?"

"I wanted you to know how much I love my Roza, and I want your blessing for our relationship."

"I think that Rose will make a fine addition to the family."

"You really think so?" He asked his mom.

"I know so." Olena smiled the smile a mother reserved for her son. It was so special and made me think of my mom and our relationship. Dimiti's face also lighted up into one of the rare- not so rare now- smiles that I love.

"Mom, the other day I asked for Roza's hand in marriage and she said yes!"  

Everyone broke out into smiles and laughter and cheering and celebration. For the first time I truelly felt like I belonged and had a family.