Chapter 37)

A/N This is the birth scene just a warning if you don't like to read stuff like that. Also it's not in Rose's perspective. Or anyone else's. Enjoy!

________________________________________________________

Dimitri carried Rose hurriedly into the moroi hospital's Emergency Room. He placed her gently onto the most comfortable chair he could find, and with one last worried glance searched for the nearest nurse. 

At last one was found and Rose was immeadiately placed in the maternity ward. Dimitri raced to the room. He began filling out the paperwork for the nurse. When the paperwork was taken care of Dimitri stood by Rose, holding her hand. Between contractions she saw how tense and worried he looked and tried to reasure him that she was "Ready to fight a strigoi if need be." He wasn't convinced.

Not long after Rose was admitted to her room Lissa and Christian showed up. Lissa took one look at Dimitri's face and took over. She found a chairs for herself and Dimitri that could be rolled right up to the bed. Christian sat on one of the chairs at the edge of the room awkwardly. 

After a while the contractions were happening more often, making Dimitri look more and more like he wished he could take away some of his wife's pain. Lissa was more calm, she was the picture of calm, cool, and controlled. If she can handle a council meeting she can handle this. She did her best to make Rose as happy as she could, and make Dimitri feel less concerned. Not that she wasn't concerned herself, she just knew Rose would relax if everyone wasn't so concerned for her safety.

After a few hours of this, the nurse came in and checked to see if Rose was dilated enough to begin to push like she had been doing periodically. Dimitri looked at the nurse hopefully, he knew that the sooner she was ready the sooner her pain and suffering would end, and the sooner he would get to meet his son. 

The nurse knowingly smiled at him, and said the one word that means the world, "yes."

"She is ready to give birth. I need you, Guardian Belikov, and Queen Vasilissa to get changed into scrubs. Lord Ozera, I need you to leave the room. The patient can only have two people in her room while giving birth."

She handed Dimitri and Lissa their necessary atire, as Christian left the room. A few new nurses and the docter entered the room as well.

Rose had another contraction. 

"Rosemarie I need you to push as hard as you can." The nurse asked Rose to do.

Beads of sweat raced down a red faced Rose's forehead as she pushed as hard as she could. Rose was not going to have Mason inside her any longer. 

"Don't fucking call me Rosemarie!" Rose screeched. 

Dimitri looked at the nurse apologetically "She really doesn't like to be called by her full name, just call her Rose."

"Don't talk about me like I'm not here!"

Dimitri leaned over and kissed his wife. "I'm sorry Roza, I won't do it again."

The old nickname earned him a smile which didn't last very long as the pain caught back up with her.

"Oh my gosh! I can see Mason's head!" Lissa exclaimed. She had been next to the docter helping where she could because her little moroi bones would break the way Rose has been squeasing Dimitri's.

Dimitri and Rose looked at each other with so much love at that moment.

Rose pushed again. And again.

"Oh Rose, he's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!" Lissa gushed when at last Mason was born at 6:23 in the evening.

After the umbilical cord was cut the nurse handed Dimitri his son.

Rose smiled at the way Dimitri's eyes shone at the joy of holding Mason, and at the beautiful baby in his arms. 

~

At one in the morning Dimitri was awoken by a strange beeping coming from the machines that moniter Rose and saw that her heartbeat was slowing down. He immeadiately called for a nurse. 

He then woke Lissa up from the bed in the room where she demanded she and Christian stay. The hospital couldn't refuse the queen now could they?

"What's going on?" Lissa slurred from her sleepy state. 

"R-Rose h-her heart..." Dimitri shook his head. He couldn't continue. 

By this time Lissa was out of bed to investigate herself. And the night shift nurse was in the room. 

The nurse took one look at Rose's machine and started yelling "Code blue! Room 2323! Code blue."

Almost instantly a crew of docters came in the room and got the defilibrators out to start Rose's heart back up. 

"1. 2. 3. Go" Shock

"1. 2. 3. Go" Shock

"1. 2. 3. Go" Shock

"1. 2. 3. Go" Shock

Rose just wouldn't wake up. Dimitri was hysterically crying. When the docters realized they couldn't save her, he just lost it. 

_____________________________

If there is any incorrect information in this chapter please let me know and I will change it.