Chapter 35)

Rose is now 71/2 months pregnant. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Please! Please Dimitri! You know I can't stand this! You know I need to be in action! At least let me strategise!" 

There was another strigoi attack, this time it was the Drozdovs that took the hit. Seven died. The Vampire world is in chaos. Lissa and Christian are currently under lock down. We have a lead as to where the strigoi are and the guardians at court are organizing an attack. Some magic users are coming as well.  Lissa has made some huge changes on how the Moroi run things and in my opinion it's for the better.

Dimitri gave me a pained look. "You know I know how hard it is for you to sit and watch. But I can't, I can't lose you or mason. You fighting while six months pregnant could risk either of your lives. Please just sit this one out." When he said Mason he looked at my pregnant stomache lovingly.

"I can help! I'm strong enough. It's not like I'm completely vulnerable."

"Roza, you will never be vulnerable, it's one of the reasons I love you. Besides you sitting out will protect Lissa better because all of her guards will be in tip top condition." He gave me a pointed look.

"Comrade you know that I am still one of the best even with this huge belly in the way. I could take all of the palace guards right now."

"Rose. Enough of this. You can't possibly want to risk Mason's life. If you go out there and fight you are risking your life and through you his. Even that kind of physical activity could kill Mason. You will most likely get a miscarriage. Look at it like this, by sitting out you are protecting Mason, our baby."

"If I have to sit out then so do you." Ha! He can't possibly want to sit out. I won't sit out if he doesn't.

Immeadiately his face fell. "That's right comrade I'm not going to fight if you don't. But if you do, then I'm coming with you."

"Fine If it means my unborn son is safe then yes I will."

Damn it! guess my plan didn't go as well as I planned. Oh well at least I won't have to worry about him coming back alive. I'd already lived through that once and I absolutely cannot live through it again. 

"Well then I guess you better call Hans and let him know not to count on you for the attack."

Dimitri frowned but brought out his cell phone and call Hans.