Chapter 36)

A/N: In case you don't know I put a pregnancy update in the top of Chapter 35, saying that she is 7 1/2 months along.

_______________________________________________________________________________

It's been a month since the attack happened and everyone is still in chaos. Everytime the door opens Dimitri has leaped up and cornered me against a wall as if everyone is a threat. Usually its Lissa at the door. Even though I hate being treated like I am made of glass, I don't blame him. I know for a fact that if I was still protecting Lissa I'd do the same thing. 

The attack happened with a few casualties, but many guardians survived with minor injuries, much to my happiness. Eddie was one of the guardians sent to fight and he came home safe which is very good. Hans informed Dimitri and I that the strigoi are still just attacking royals to scare the moroi. Nothing Dimitri couldn't have told him. Much to my dismay, it is working. Right now Court is full of Moroi families, all of them trying to find a safe haven from strigoi. 

I am now 8 1/2 months pregnant. my due date is in two weeks, so pretty much anytime Mason can decide he wants to pop. I am literally huge! I feel like I look like I am pregnant with twins instead of just one baby. Thanks a lot Mason...

_

Dimtri walked in the room, he was obviously angry about something. I walked over and started massaging his shoulders. He looked up and kissed me tenderly despite his mood.

"What's wrong?"

"I just talked to Hans."

"Yeah?"

"He wants me to start working again instead of 'fraternizing with Mrs. Belikov' "

"So? The Dimitri I know wouldn't have taken up this long sitting around like you have. Hell I wouldn't have sat around like you have."

"Would you? What would you do if I was in danger at any moment, and if you left me alone even to just go to the bathroom something bad could happen?"

Oh. I understand now. "Comrade are you still worried about my safety?" I asked emphasising the word "still".

"Yes. Mason could come at any moment now. And- and what if a band of strigoi decide to attack, like you and I both know is possible."

"Comrade did you forget about that badass you trained at St. Vlad's?"

That got me a smile, then a frown. "No, I could never forget that beautiful woman. However, that beautiful woman is so pregnant that she needs help for the littlest things like to stand up from a sitting position."

Now it was my turn to scowl. "I am not that weak."

"No, you are right Roza. You definitely aren't weak. You are the first dhampir to bear another dhampir's baby. That is not weak. Besides I am sure you could still kick someone's ass while sitting down with a baby-belly to get in your way."

"Yeah. There is nobody living on this planet stupid enough to get in a fight with the infamous Rose Hathaway."

Dimitri frowned when I said Hathaway. "Sorry, I didn't mean that as a disclaimer but, you are aware that I did make my badass reputation as a Hathaway not a Belikov. I am always and forever your Mrs. Belikov."

All of the sudden I felt something wet in my underwear. "D-Dimitri? Um I think my water just broke." 

An excrutiating pain in my lower abdomen came and went in a flash. 

With that Dimitri grabbed me, sat me on the couch, grabbed the pre-packed overnight bag for the hospital and picked me up bridal style all in a flash. He sped to the hospital with his phone out calling Lissa to let her know that my baby is coming. All the while I sat in the passenger seat awaiting the hospital and my sons birth, and this undescribable pain to stop.