Chapter 2)

After the lovely breakfast that mainly consisting of Christian and I squaring it off, much to the amusement of Dimitri and Lissa, I got a note from Abe saying that Sydney wanted to talk to me. I was immediately curious, Sydney doesn't usually choose to 'hang' with vampires, what was this about?

When we (Dimi and I) were back in our room, I reread the note.

"Hey Dimi."

"Hmm."

"I've got some stuff I need to talk to Abe about."

"Okay."

"Would you mind if I did that alone?"

"Not at all, he is your father. In fact you are encouraged to go alone."

"Really?"

"Ya, I'd like to avoid your family as much as possible. I have to admit they scare me."

I laughed at the thought of Dimitri being scared of anyone, I have always viewed him like a God. Of course, if there was anyone to be afraid of it would be my parents.

*

"What is this about?" I inquired to my dad.

"Hi Rose nice to see you too."

I rolled my eyes.

"Will you get over yourself, what does Sydney want to talk about?"

"Honestly, I don't know. She did say that you might want to bring Dimitri for this."

I studied my old mans eyes, he appeared to be telling the truth.

"Okay. Do you know how I can reach her?"

"Yeah, but only by video chat."

"Um. . . okay, when?"

"I thought you'd never ask, at 8:00 tonight."

"Thanks dad, I mean it."

He was taken aback by my honest use of dad. It has most definitely been hard on us, since we all of the sudden were a family. At times it was awkward, like now.

"Well well well, my daughter has finally learned manners. Honestly, how many dads have children that know how to kill anything but can't learn please and thank you."

I smirked, that was the Abe we all knew.