Chapter 23)

"What could go wrong if the treatment doesn't work?" Dimitri asked Sydney in the "pre-appointment checkup" 

"In my knowledge the worst that could happen to you is you becoming infertil and unable to produce offspring with humans or moroi."

"Well that won't be a problem seeing as how if this doesn't even work then Rose and I will either go childless or adopt."

"What exactly does the procedure entail?" I asked Sydney. 

"I will inject the chemicals into his bloodstream, and then I will monitor Dimitri for the next 24 hours. Afterwords I will need a sample of his sperm to see if it worked."

The rest of the appointment was Sydney making sure that Dimitri was as healthy as ever.

~

On day of appointment 

Sydney hooked up some machines to Dimitri, ones that display his heart rate and whatnot. Then she pulled out a long needle with some liquid inside. "This is the antidote to make it so that dhampirs can reproduce. I tested it on mules because that is the only animal that I could test it on and be sure of results, and it worked. I did some tests with dhampir cells that I got through the alchemists, and the cells reacted properly with the antidote. So everything should go well. Are you ready for your shot?"

"Yes" He immediately responded. He is always so tough and can handle the scariest situations with level-headedness, my parents not included...  

Sydney pierced his beautiful skin, after rubbing alcohol on it. "Now for the next twenty-four hours you need to lie on this bed, and eat as little as possible. That way you can save your energy for the antidote.  That doesn't mean I don't want you to be eating, just eat some." Then she turned and looked at me, "You need to not kiss him or do anything like that because it could cause his heart rate to go up. His heart rate should be at about 40 beats per minute while resting since he is very fit. A normal resting heart rate is at about 60- 100 beats per minute. If you notice his heart rate going above 80 beats, then you should make an excuse and leave the room. Also, when you feed him make sure it is things like soup and oatmeal and pudding, stuff that his body won't have to break down a ton." 

"Is there anything else you need me to know?" I asked Sydney. 

"Nope I don't think so. Oh and remember I am just going to be passing time in my room if you need me."

"Okay thank you so much." Dimitri said with a smile. 

With that she left the room.