Chapter 28)

One month and two weeks later-

"Hey Dimitri! Come here!" I hollared. About two seconds later he came sprinting in the room. He did a quick survey of the situation, he was analyzing the damage as if there were some. 

"Are you hurt? What happened?" He immeadiately asked me, obviously in full guardian mode. I pulled him closer and I grabbed his face and kissed him. "I'm okay, really. I just wanted to talk to you, that's all."

"Don't ever do that again. You scared me Roza, I can't have anything happen to you. I wouldn't be able to live with myself, I wouldn't be able to live at all. I love you."

"And I thought I had a flair for the dramatic, but you win the blue ribbon."

"I'm not joking. Anyways what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?"

"I'm late." 

Dimitri's eyes widened with excitment. "Y- you mean that you are pregnant?"

"Yeah. I guess so. Hey Comrade did you ever think you would be a father?"

"I always dreamt about it but never saw as something that could ever happen to me."

I wrapped my arms around my waist. "I always thought that if I were to ever be a mom I would get knocked up by some moroi."

Dimitri's eyes hardened from that comment. "No, my Roza you wouldn't have."

"But that is what happened to my mom. I mean, sure they may have loved each other, but all Abe did was knock her up. Besides thats what happens to most dhampir women." 

He just got angry at that point, I'm sure he was thinking of his sisters and his mother, especially Viktoria. 

"But hey, against all logic you happen to be the prince charming to my fairytale. I love you." I kissed him.