🚨37🚨

"Ignore me again. I dare you!" Jungkook pouted, looking at the elder with his boba eyes.
"Kookoo stop, I had to respond to a text, I wasn't purposefully ignoring you" Tae whined after the younger who was power walking down the street.
"Whatever Kim, I repeated myself 5 times, how can you not text and listen at the same time, it's called multitasking" Jungkook pouted again, making sure the elder wasn't too far behind him but enough so that he couldn't pull him back.

How he was wrong though. Taehyung sprinted forwards and picked the younger off of the ground and walked forwards while holding his boyfriend by the waist, his eyes just peeping over the younger's shoulder. Jungkook giggled loudly thrashing around in Tae's strong hold.
"Taeee i'm supposed to be grumpy at you" Jungkook huffed and he stopped squirming, while making sure that they didn't bump into anyone on the way.

"I'm sorry baby, but how could you stay grumpy at me" Tae husked in the younger's ear.
Jungkook blew his pink dusted cheeks up and whined. "Sadly you're right"
Taehyung laughed and swung Jungkook side to side, making his legs swing around.
"Ooh we're here" Jungkook smiled, wriggling around to get out of Tae's hold.
Tae finally let go of the boy and Jungkook was quick to take the elders hand as they walked into the station.

It was their first time back at work after having a weeks break.  Jungkook was back to his usual self, and was sleeping amazingly. Before bed he would always look outside the window at the stars and wish the best for those who died that day, but he wasn't screaming or crying anymore and certainly wasn't having the hallucinations or nightmares. It was a miracle that the younger had been able to go from on the brink of breaking to fine. At first he thought maybe Jungkook was trying to act better than he actually was to stop Tae worrying, but it wasn't anything like that. He came to terms with what happened wasn't his fault and was out of his hands and he stopped blaming himself.

Jungkook woke up in a good mood and had been in a good mood all morning. He skipped into work holding Tae's hand tightly and greeted the rest of their group with hugs.
"You feeling okay kiddo?" Yoongi asked as he hugged the boy briefly.
"Yeah thanks hyung, i'm good. How are you?" Jungkook asked pulling away from the hug.
"I'm good also, and i'm glad you're okay" Yoongi smiled, ruffling the boys hair.

They all settled down and began talking about their week and the event that happened a few nights ago with all the lanterns and people thanking them for their braveness. They all kind of ignored the day which happened a week ago. They all faced different traumatic events and were able to find a way of getting through it so there was no point bringing up the memories which had finally been buried.

The familiar alarm sound was heard making them all jump from their seats and ran towards their kits which had been cleaned since last week. They slid down the poles, and jumped into the truck. Jungkook had a quick flashback when he was sitting in the truck on the way home after working in the building and how he sobbed into Tae's shoulder and quickly changed into a numb statue in his lovers hold. Jungkook sighed and looked at the elder fondly, before turning back to the front.

"Another house fire, this times it's caused by an electric heat blanket. Children are trapped upstairs, and the parents are out"
"God I stopped my grandma from getting one of those because they are hazardous!" Namjoon explained.
"Hmm I hope the kids are okay" Jimin pouted, resting his head on Yoongi's shoulder as he was fairly tired.

They arrived a few minutes later and quickly jumped into action. The house was rather big and they could see the fire was spreading rapidly, bursting the glass windows of the house. The 5 grabbed the hoses and began putting out the water which was away from the room which the fire started in. But when it came to the room the fire started in, they would have to use sand bags due to it being an electrical fire. While Jungkook and Tae ran over to where the parents were, with a blanket around them, sitting in the ambulance. The woman saw the two firemen and started screaming.
"Please save them. Please save my kids" She screamed with tears rolling down her cheeks.

Jungkook swallowed a thick lump, feeling his hands shake lightly, but he began to shake it off when he had other things to worry about. The couple ran into the house and scanned the area. They both split up and ran around to find the room with the children in. Jungkook ran downstairs and heard screaming from the room in front of him. He opened the door and saw three kids protecting themselves.

"Tae this is kook, they're downstairs. Go down the hall and past the kitchen, then turn left" Jungkook radioed to the elder.
"on way way" he heard from the elder with a bleep afterwards.
"Hey kiddos, we're going to get you out okay" Jungkook softly spoke to them.
Taehyung quickly ran in and the two grabbed a child. Jungkook picked up one while Tae picked up the other two. Tae ran out first with Jungkook just behind, but as Jungkook ran through the fire he saw a image of someone laying on the floor. Jungkook gasped and told them to wait.

He ran the child out and placed them to safety. Jungkook turned around and ran back into the house. Taehyung didn't even see the younger run back in. The fire was still spreading, and was still powering through, as the group were still putting the fire out. Tae helped the children to their parents and the paramedics were looking over the kids. Tae was about to turn to Jungkook but he wasn't there. He spun around 360 and still couldn't see him.
"Yah where did Jungkook go?" Taehyung yelled.
He radioed the boy and called his name but there was no response.

Tae's heart dropped and through the only possibility might be that he was in the house. Tae sprinted back into the house and looked around in a panic.
"Koo where are you?" Taehyung yelled, but heard a cry.
Tae ran to where he heard the cry and saw Jungkook crouching down, crying into his hands right next to the fire.
"Koo" Tae shouted, running over to him.
He hooked his arms under the younger's armpits and pulled him off the floor.
Jungkook clutched onto Tae desperately and Tae dragged him out the house.

When they were safely out Tae pulled the helmet off Jungkook's head and felt Jungkook stuff his face into the elders neck for comfort as he cried. Tae rubbed the boys back while using the other hand to pull his helmet off.
"What happened baby, talk to me" Taehyung rocked them back and forth.
"I saw someone on the floor, but when I went back they weren't there" Jungkook cried again.
"It's okay baby, it's just your paranoia okay. Everything is okay, and i'm so proud of you. This is just the journey of getting better. You may have been physically better and mentally healing, but you were never going to 100% on your first emergency. Over time things will get better okay" Taehyung hushed the boys small cries.