𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

authors note: OH MY GOSH THESE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS ARE THE CRINGIEST. I promise they get better, and much longer (about 1000-3000 words a chapter.) But since these first few chapters are shorter, I promise it gets better. This was the first thing I had ever written. So I'm terribly sorry. XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is it worth moving away from everything I know just for this?" I thought to myself. "Sometimes I know that I can be a little crazy, but this feels like a lot." 

My mother always thought I was crazy for having full-on conversations with myself while I was alone, but what else is there to do? Sometimes the best way to make a decision is to debate with someone whose opinion you value. That "other" person has always been me, and there is no one else to talk to on long drives.

 "It's fine, Y/N, your aunt left you the house because she wanted you to fix it up after she died." 

"But 'this aunt' barely knew you, and you only knew she existed up until a couple of years ago. Don't you feel guilty about getting her whole property?" 

"Not really, she apparently didn't know anyone else, and she thought I would take care of it. I just hope I can prove her right. Let's stop arguing, I am too tired for it." 

I chuckle to myself after stopping my made-up "argument".  I slowed the car and looked down at my phone to find some music, trying to find something that would keep me awake.

 I was surprised at how tired I was, despite having drunk a crap-ton of coffee earlier today. I had tried to prepare myself for tonight, but I guess the old lady in me wants to sleep. 

I stared out at the dark forest that filled my windshield. This would be really pretty in the daytime, maybe I should come back with Stella and we could have a picnic.

Stella is one of my best friends. We have known each other since grades school. She moved away during High school, but we always stayed in touch. She was always there for me. Especially during the hardest times. She could always cheer me up.

I turned on some 80s music and started to sing along. "Can't Stop Believing should tie me over."

2nd person POV

"You are almost to Stella's house, Y/N, you can do it!" You say to yourself while turning the music up even louder. Driving through a forest at night is one of the most mind-numbing activities. 

"This seems like the 7th turn in this forest! Am I just going in loops?" You think to yourself. 

You turn around what seems like the 7th corner and are met with bright red eyes staring at you from the middle of the road. Not wanting to hit whatever animal is in the middle of the road, you slam on your breaks as hard as possible.