𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

Author's note

Hey guys! Omgosh I can't believe that I have passed 1k views and I only started this 3 weeks ago! That is so crazy, thank you all so much! Sorry, I didn't upload yesterday, I had some family business going on, but I should be back to normal now. One note that I have is please feel free to comment where you think the story should go! I do need some more ideas because I have a little bit of writer's block at the moment. So if I like your idea, I will try to implement it into the storyline!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alastor's POV

I clenched my fists as I figured out she tricked me. She had used my own weakness against me, her. I heard a loud laugh from upstairs, undoubtedly laughing at me. I thought that the little stunt I pulled during our fight would've been enough to fluster her into admitting defeat, but it seems this war will go on for much longer than I expected it to. I will give her credit, she is very resourceful. 

I thought back to our duel and when I had her slammed against the wall. A deep blush had spread across her face. I felt my smile grow wider, "Very entertaining," I thought. But thinking back to her powers, I was very impressed. She seemed to have figured out her signature spell very early on into being a demon. It took a long while for me to discover mine. Her spell had unimaginable power, she could do anything she wanted with it, she just had to think about it. 

My first thought of her powers had reminded me of a siren. Since her song is untraceable, except for her singing, of course, it can be very powerful. She was a very resourceful fighter and even started to take control of my power. I could feel the song push against my hold on the limbs. Like the moon taking control of the tide. If she could control her powers like a siren, maybe she could control people. 

I looked out the window of the ballroom, noticing how dark it had become. "It seems like our little 'fight' took longer than expected." I chuckled to myself, remembering how she had duped me. It was interesting how she had wanted to take on Valentino first. It is a smart move, but I wondered if she could take him on, and then Vox. Because Vox would be the first to stand up after she had taken Valentino's territory. There is a lot that could go wrong with her starting to take over, but she would be powerful enough.

I thought back to our conversation that we had had earlier on in the day. I wouldn't be mad at her if she had overthrown me. When I first met her, my plan had been to befriend her so I could gain all of Hell through her, but I guess plans have changed. I don't think she would take my territory now, but something would need to happen so other Overlords don't get too suspicious. I hoped that no one would come after her, but that now seems like a possibility.

Having her stay in the hotel is the best decision for now, but mercenaries would certainly be set on her, as the overlords all know the prophecy. "They must be scared out of their minds." I would talk to her about starting to take Valentino's territory, little by little. It would egg him on and make him angry. This would be of advantage to y/n. I thought of her fighting with her wings, she hadn't really known how to use them properly. Then I got an idea. 

I walked out of the ballroom and down the stairs to the bar. I approached and saw Husk drinking straight from a bottle of booze. "Hello, my good friend!" I decided to get down to business, as he didn't like conversational fluff. " I have a little favor to ask of you!"  

He lazily glanced at me and took the bottle away from his mouth, "What the fuck do you want?" I didn't appreciate his vulgar language, but that was Husk. 

"You know of y/n, correct."

"Yeah sure I do, but I don't really give a damn about her."

Anger rose up in me. I leaned over the counter, "F̘͍͖ͫ͘o̯̱̊͊͢r̴̨̦͕̝ y҉̃̀̋̑o̯̱̊͊͢ư̡͕̭̇r̴̨̦͕̝ s̠҉͍͊ͅā̤̓̍͘ḳ̯͍̑ͦẹ̿͋̒̕, I̍̅̀̎̊ w̦̺̐̐͟o̯̱̊͊͢ư̡͕̭̇l̙͖̑̾ͣḑ̴̞͛̒ṇ̤͛̒̍'t̲̂̓ͩ̑ ỉ͔͖̜͌ṇ̤͛̒̍s̠҉͍͊ͅư̡͕̭̇l̙͖̑̾ͣt̲̂̓ͩ̑ ḣ̖̻͛̓ẹ̿͋̒̕r̴̨̦͕̝ ā̤̓̍͘ĝ̽̓̀͑ā̤̓̍͘ỉ͔͖̜͌ṇ̤͛̒̍." He jumped away from me, pushing against the back wall. 

"Okay! For fuck's sake calm down! I just meant that I barely knew anything and that whatever she was none of my business." He raised an eyebrow. "Why do you care about her so much?"

I avoided his loaded question and continued on. "Well, I took it upon myself to continue teaching y/n on how to use some of her powers. As you saw on TV today, she has wings. But I have been observing her and she does not know how to use them well."

He suspected what I was asking him to do. "I'm not teaching her shit about how to use wings. I don't want to get involved with this fuckin' prophecy."

I raised an eyebrow, feeling a cheeky smile pop up on my face, "It seems as though you do still owe me a couple favors Husk."

He glared out at me from over the counter, "I don't have a fuckin' choice then do I?"

"I'm afraid not my friend! Haha"

After my conversation with Husk, I decided it was best for me to go to my room. I know that being out all night frightened Charlie. I walked up the stairs to go to the 5th floor but paused at the entrance of the 3rd. I thought I heard crying from further down the hall. I walked past the doors and stopped at y/n's. I hear whimpering coming from inside. 

I phased through the door, wondering what was happening. She was there, lying on the bed, but her wings were spread across the sheets. They were wrapped around her like they were protecting her from something. I got closer to the bed. Her hair was strewn across her face. I could tell that she had been in a restless sleep.

I went to tuck the hair behind her ear but suddenly my vision went dark like ink had been thrown in my eyes. I thrashed my head around, trying to regain my sight, but found a little light in the distance. I decided to follow it, seeing as it was the only thing I could see. I stepped out of the darkness and into a small house. I saw y/n in her human form sitting on the couch reading a book. It was dark outside. I got closer to her, trying to get her attention. She never looked at me, just continued reading. 

I didn't understand what was happening, and then a thought hit my brain. I had gotten sucked into her dream. I heard a pounding on the door and y/n went to open it. As soon as she started turning the handle, the door slammed opening, hitting y/n to the side. Suddenly a tall man walks through the door, tipping slightly due to some heavy drinking. He looked down on y/n, and I recognized that look in his eyes. It was the desire to hurt.

Y/n started to get up from her dazed position on the floor, but the man kicked her in the ribs, preventing her from rising. I heard her yell, "Jared, stop, please!" But he continued to hurt her. I rushed between them to block her from being hit. Right as he was about to swing a punch into her jaw, I grabbed his fist. I could feel rage boiling over inside of me. "D̶͔̭̪̻o̯̱̊͊͢ṇ̤͛̒̍'t̲̂̓ͩ̑ y҉̃̀̋̑o̯̱̊͊͢ư̡͕̭̇ ḑ̴̞͛̒ā̤̓̍͘r̴̨̦͕̝ẹ̿͋̒̕ t̲̂̓ͩ̑o̯̱̊͊͢ư̡͕̭̇c͕͗ͤ̕̕ḣ̖̻͛̓ ḣ̖̻͛̓ẹ̿͋̒̕r̴̨̦͕̝ ā̤̓̍͘ĝ̽̓̀͑ā̤̓̍͘ỉ͔͖̜͌ṇ̤͛̒̍"

I launched him across the room, trying to get him as far away from y/n as possible. She looked up at me from the ground. Blood dripping from her lip and tears in her eyes. She was muttering something under her breath but it was so quiet that I could scarcely hear it. I got down closer, so her lips were next to my ear. 

I felt something pushed to the back of my head and saw fear blossom in her eyes. "run."

The next thing I knew, I was pushed out of the dream. I was still on the floor next to her bed, but I could see the tears running down her cheeks. I wanted to comfort her so bad, but I didn't know if I would get sucked in again. How had I seen her dream? I hadn't felt any power pushed on me. I realized that that must've been her trauma. What she had gone through. Rage took over my emotions, I understand how she felt that night when I told her about her powers.

She couldn't have protected herself from him, and that is why she was mad at her powers. I wanted to kill whoever had done this to her. I wanted to make him suffer. Then I remembered how she had come back today. She looked liberated. "You had already done it yourself," I whispered in a surprised tone. She had killed and hurt him for what he had done to her. 

I walked back over to the bed and held her hand. I whispered to her, trying to get her to wake up and realize where she was. "You did it, y/n. He can't hurt you anymore. You killed him. And from now on, I will protect you, no matter the cost."