𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

1st person POV: Y/N

I got up extremely early due to my fitful sleep last night. The nightmare was still on my mind when I walked downstairs to grab a broom for the broken vase. "I'll have to pay her back for the vase." I think to myself. 

As I walked down the stairs, I noticed Stella, clothed in a waistcoat, almost falling asleep on a barstool in the kitchen. "Stella? Why are you up so early? It's like," you looked at the clock "5 am."

"Hey Y/N, this dark academia aesthetic recommends getting up early in order to be productive. I think it's just to make us more mysterious or something. But I could ask you the same question." She looks up from her coffee waiting for my response. 

"I just had a nightmare and couldn't fall into a deep sleep. I also may have broken a vase on accident, so I'm going to clean it up. Sorry."

"It's all good, sorry about your dream though. Do you want me to make you some coffee too?" 

"That would be great Stella, but I think I'm gonna skip the coffee, just to get a start on cleaning the house."

"Alrighty then! Let's get you on your way, I'll clean up the vase."

"Are you sure Stella? I feel bad..."

"OF COURSE it's fine! I know how nervcited you are to see the house. You just get on your way."

"Thank you so much, I'll come back and visit too."

"You better! Love you Y/N!"

"Love you too Stella!"

--2 hours in the car later--

Singing to the radio is not helping my nerves. And I'm like 2 minutes away, so I better get ahold of my emotions. The dream still lingers in the back of my mind, but I push it away. "Think positive Y/N you can do it!"

I pulled up through a driveway lined with lush trees covered in flowers. Spring in Louisiana was gorgeous. The tree-lined driveway opened up to a beautiful brick house that was built in the 1920s. It was a little overgrown and looked a little dilapidated. "I cannot believe I inherited this." I think to myself. 

I get out of the car and step on the gravel pathway that was filled with weeds. I look at the watch on your wrist, and it's only 7 am. "No time like the present! Let's get to work!" I say to myself once again. 

----Sorry this was kind of a filler chapter, but we need these to move the story along:)----