𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓

Y/N POV

Leaning against the tree, I realized that we had probably been out of the house for too long. I looked up at Al, "We got to go back inside. I still have to talk to her about..." I paused, "some things." I guess I would have to tell her about this new development.

He smiled, "Would you like for me to wait outside?"

"I told her that I would introduce you to her." I walked back up to the house and stopped right before I walked in. I turned around to him and changed back into my human form. "Please, be on your best behavior. Try not to scare her." 

"No promises my dear!" He chuckled and I rolled my eyes, smiling. I turned back to the door and went inside. I saw Stella sitting on the couch in the living room. 

"Stella, this is Alastor." She had on a fearful expression, but it immediately softened when he walked into the room.

 I turned towards him and was surprised by his form. He had changed into a human. He had dark chestnut hair and an olive complexion. He still had on a smile, but it looked more natural, compared to his demon form. He no longer had his ears or tiny antlers but was still in his red suit. I felt a small blush spread across my cheeks and saw Alastor smile a little wider. 

He held his hand out towards Stella, who was standing by the couch. "Nice to meet you! The name is Alastor!" She timidly took his hand and gave me a weird look.

"Didn't you look different?" 

"I did, but I changed into a form that would make you a little more comfortable."

"Sorry if I screamed when I opened the door, you just scared me."

"You are just fine!"

They stood there for a few awkward moments when I realized that I should be the one talking. "Al, you just wait down here. I need to talk with Stella for a bit longer and then we can head back." He nodded towards me and shot a smile towards Stella as she got up to follow me. I led us up the stairs on the right of the front door and went into her bedroom and closed the door behind us. 

She had redecorated since I had disappeared to Hell. The wood floor was covered in a deep green carpet. There was a wardrobe on the far side of the wall, directly across from the bed, which was covered in a white blanket. 

"What happe-"

"Wait," I interrupted and motioned for her to sit on the floor. She quirked an eyebrow at me but sat down. I followed suit and created one of my bubbles around us. "I don't need Al to hear the rest of this conversation."

Her eyes were wide, but she continued her question. "What happened outside?" I looked down at the ground. 

"I needed to talk with Al about some things. He was worried about why I left." I looked up and she was looking for me to keep talking.

"I can tell that's not all that happened. Especially when you blushed as he came in the door."

"Was I that obvious?"

"Yeah."

I bit my lip, "Well the first reason is that I have never seen him in his human form. It surprised me when he walked in. And the second reason is..." I hesitated. Then in a quiet voice I continued, "he kissed me." 

"Did you kiss him back?"

I was surprised by her question and looked up at her face. She had a bright smile on and answered it herself. "You did. I can tell."

I put my finger to my chin, "I just don't know what to do now. I feel like it is gonna be awkward."

"Then do what makes it not awkward. Do what you feel is right."