𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒

Y/N POV

I opened my teary eyes to a forest, covered in shattered sunlight. It was sunset. I looked around and found a house hidden in the trees. I walked towards it, I needed to tell Stella what was happening. But I stopped in my tracks and looked down at my hands covered in my ink-black tears. I was still in my demon form.

I imagined the form melting off of me, and going back to being a human again. I opened my eyes and saw my h/l h/c hair draping over my shoulders. I smiled faintly at the memories before I stepped into the prophecy. But it didn't feel very natural. 

I raced to the house, ready to fall into her arms again. She was my family and I needed her support. I hurried and knocked on her front door. I didn't want to go in unannounced and scare her. 

She opened the door and a surprised look came into her eyes. She raced into my arms and squeezed me. "Y/N?!! Where have you been?! I thought you had been kidnapped, you just disappeared!"

She pulled back and looked up at me. I had tears rolling down my cheeks. They were a mixture of sadness and happiness. "What happened?! Who hurt you?" Fury flew into her eyes, "Do I need to kill someone?"

I shook my head and hugged her back. "No one. A lot has happened and I just needed to see you again."

She took me by the hand and led me into the house. I looked around and realized how much I had missed her little cottage. She basically pushed me onto the small couch in the living room. There was a small light green couch against the windows and a fireplace on the opposite side. A mirror and other various decorations lined the mantel.  She looked into my eyes. "Tell me everything. Y--" She paused and gazed at me. 

"What?"

She pointed at my eyes, "What's wrong with your eyes? They aren't e/c anymore!" I got up and looked into the mirror hanging on the wall over the fireplace. My eyes were still violet. 

"They're fine! It has to do with what has happened these past few weeks."

"Do I need to call the police? They still think that you are missing."

I shook my head at her. "Please don't it will only complicate things." I took in a deep breath. "I'm about to tell you something that is going to rock your world. It is all true. I would never lie about this... please just don't freak out." She nodded her head and stayed quiet.

I sighed, not knowing how to tell her everything. "Okay, here we go." I steadied myself and got the tears to stop so I could explain everything to her. "I am a demon. Well, not a demon, per se, but a Dark Angel. The Dark Angel. This is not my natural form, I am not even human." I paused and looked at her face.

She looked a bit surprised but I don't think she completely believed me. I waved my hands in front of me, "Stop looking at me like I'm crazy." I continued, "I found out a few weeks ago after I moved into the house my estranged aunt gave me. Apparently, a powerful demon had owned that house. He noticed I had powers and we figured out I was the Dark Angel. Then I went to Hell with him." I left out the part about me trying to escape from him in the first place.

"There is a prophecy about me, and I am meant to rule all of Hell." I stopped and looked up at her. "You still think I'm crazy, don't you."

She put on a timid smile, "No... of course not!" She had a fake tone to her voice. I laughed a little and held the bridge of my nose. 

"Since you obviously think I'm crazy, and I don't blame you for thinking that, I'll just show you." I debated with myself whether I should show her my full form, but I didn't want to scare her completely. I summoned my wings and opened them slowly. They were extremely cramped in the small room.