𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

Y/N POV

I opened my eyes and found myself staring at a huge, red house. "This is exactly your type of house Al," I said lightly, laughing at its exterior. He grinned down at me with his usual smile. "I'm glad you think so, my dear!" He went in front of me and led the way into his house.

I was a little taken back by the size of it. A huge flight of stairs led up to the front door, which was a dark crimson color. This sight of his house would be enough to scare anyone. It was surrounded by a dark forest. I followed him up the stairs and he opened the door for me. I nodded my head in thanks and then looked at the foyer. 

My first thought reflected back to the house in Louisiana. It had two staircases leading up to the second floor, but it was much grander. Most of the decor in the room was decked in red. The ceilings were so high that I could probably stretch my wings towards the ceiling, and they still wouldn't touch the top. 

I heard Alastor's voice from behind me, "So, what do you think?" He said it in a happy tone. I looked up towards the ceiling and saw a beautiful chandelier, but it was for from normal. Instead of the regular crystals, it was made with antlers. It was a scary kind of beautiful. "This is amazing," I breathed. I saw Nifty rushing around. "What's wrong with Nifty?"

"Well, I have been involved with the hotel for quite a while and haven't been home. Dust isn't her favorite." I heard him chuckle and I let out a small laugh. 

"Your house kind of reminds me of my house in Louisiana."

"I liked the design of that house a lot, but I didn't get to live in it for too long. I died very soon after its completion. So, I decided to just build it again here, but better."

I turned around back towards him, feeling my long hair flow around my arms. "You never did tell me, how did you die?"

I saw his smile slightly fade, his eyes unfocused like he was remembering a certain memory. Suddenly, a thought popped into my mind. I could see dogs lunging towards me, and then a shot rang out. I shook my head, clearing the frightful image from my mind. Alastor was looking at me, but his face looked like he had just seen the same thing as I had. "Are you okay my dear?"

I paused, not knowing what had just happened. I came up with a quick lie, "I just... it was just a painful headache pulse. I've been feeling it come on all day."

"Then let's try to get you asleep as soon as possible, Nifty can give you the tour tomorrow." He led me up the grand staircase on the right. The stairs were carpeted in a deep red color. We got to the second level and started down a hallway. There were about 4 doors in the hallway. We passed one on the left and continued down. He stopped in the middle of the hall, between two doors. "This one on the left is your room."

He opened the door for me and I walked in. It was much bigger than my room at the hotel. The walls were a rosy pink color, and there was a canopy bed against the back right wall. On the left wall, was a door that I thought would lead to the bathroom. Next to the door, was a couch and two chairs sat across from each other, a black coffee table separated them. "Al, this is way too much." 

"Of course it isn't! You are my guest, and I am going to treat you as such."

 I looked back towards him. "Thank you, Al. I really appreciate you helping me with everything so far."

"No problem my dear. I am happy to help. By the way, I won't be here when you wake up tomorrow. I've been hearing some whispers of something happening so I'm going to do a little investigating myself. Just call for Nifty in the morning, she doesn't sleep much so she can help you."

"Oh, well have fun with the whispers!" I giggled. 

He smiled back down at me and chuckled, "Goodnight y/n."