𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

Y/N POV

I stood up, keys clenched in my fist. "WHAT?!" I yelled. I threw my hands up in the air, enraged. He stood up, almost as if he was trying to intimidate me. That wasn't going to work anymore. "Now calm down darling, I'm just trying to tell you the truth." His smile was now smaller, but he was trying to be charismatic enough to calm me down. 

How dare he. "That is enough! You scare the living life out of me, you are a demon from hell, I don't even know your name, a-" "It is Alastor, dear," He cut in, "I didn't have much of a chance to introduce myself from our encounter earlier. And, technically, this is also my property."

You looked at him, confused yet still angry. "Excuse me?" you ask quietly. How on earth was this his property? "Well before I died, I built this home and lived in it for a couple of years. I do really appreciate you trying to fix it up." He looked at me, still smiling. Does this guy ever stop? 

"Huh, so I'm expected to believe a demon, who goes on about me having powers? Are you still trying to intimidate me?" I walked over to him and jabbed my finger at his chest. He tilted his head as if interested in my bravery. "If I ever had powers, wouldn't they have shown up by now? There were so many times that I needed them, and what happened? My family got hurt. Or I did." I glared at him, with tears perking up at the corners of my eyes. "Don't cry Y/N, stay brave." I thought to myself. I will not cry in front of this monster. 

He gently grasped my fingers away from his chest and bent down to my eye level. "But it is the truth Y/N," he only had a small smile on his face now. "I've witnessed them myself." He gestured again for me to sit on the couch, but I wasn't having that BS anymore. After a few moments in silence, he sat down himself. "How do you know about these 'powers'," I said sarcastically. "And how did you know where I live." He grinned up at me. 

"Well, let me put it bluntly. After that night you hit me with your vehicle, I sent one of my minions to follow you." I stared in disbelief, he was the deer? "They informed me that you had stopped for the night. I went to observe you because I could tell you were different. That night, your powers revealed themselves. I believe that your nightmare revealed these powers because you were not in control of your mind." He stopped, gauging my reaction. "I returned from some business in Hell that morning and found that you had disappeared. I searched through your little friend's head. Stella, I think her name was?" 

What did he do to Stella? "Did you hurt her?" I was furious, he was interfering with a life that was not part of this little game. "Of course not darling! I just searched through her memories." I looked out the window behind me, then glanced at my watch. We had been fighting for almost an hour. 

"What did my powers do?" I was curious, but I still didn't believe him. Not all the way at least. "Things started floating around the room, some even at great speeds. When you woke after the nightmare, a vase shattered because it had been floating near the ceiling." He chuckled to himself, "Displaying powers like that is a feat in and of itself for a human, but while you were asleep?! I can only imagine your potential when you become a demon." He grinned up at me, like a cat stalking its dinner.

I was still surprised by what I had heard earlier, "You were that deer that I crashed into?" my voice shook. I was on the brink of a panic attack, this was too much for me. 

"Why yes, I was searching for a meal, and I can do that quite easily in disguise. I almost killed you for hitting me, but something was different. You didn't drive off, as most humans would, you sat and bandaged me up. Your aura was different than most humans."

I started pacing around back and forth, trying to calm my nerves. I almost didn't feel bad about hitting him now. I should've been driving faster. "The one thing that I cannot get over is how you stalked me!" I said in a whispered rage. 

He looked almost confused at my anger, "I had to figure out what set you apart dear. It was nothing personal." I stopped in my tracks. That was not the right thing for him to say.

 "It was nothing personal? You came into my friends' home, waded through her mind, then you stalked me all the way here, and you have the gall to say that to me?" He looked at me, with a surprised smile on his face.

I had to get out of here before I broke down. I looked at him with all the bravery I could muster. "This is bullshit." And with that, I walked out of the room. As I was walking down the hall, all I could tell myself was not to cry. I wouldn't be showing any weakness in front of this monster anytime soon. As I started walking down the stairs, I could hear Alastor's voice from upstairs. 

"Dear? What's wrong?" He still hadn't gotten my hint. 

I got to the front door as fast as possible and bolted to my car. Before I could get in the driver's seat, he materialized in front of me, blocking my only way out. "Where are you going Y/N, we can still talk this out." He was still trying to convince me. Well, if this is the way I'm going out, I'm going out fighting. 

I grabbed his arm and twisted it up, revealing the best pressure point for taking someone down. Surprisingly he didn't stop it. How cute, he must be thinking that I rethought his proposition.  You grab the point just behind his elbow on the forearm and he falls immediately. 

You stumble over his fallen body and start the car as fast as possible. Remembering to lock the doors. You skid over the gravel driveway and onto the main road, going well over 100. You can see him chasing the car from the rearview mirror. The reality of the situation hit me, and then the tears. 

I had just met a demon, who claimed that I had magical powers. I still didn't believe him about the magic BS, because if I had powers, I would've been able to defend my family all those years ago. I reached for my phone and realized with dread that I had left it at the house. Guess I can't call anyone, but who would believe me? I love Stella, but she would think it's another one of my episodes.

Everyone would think it was utter nonsense. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something racing through the trees, following my car. It was that stupid crimson deer that got me into trouble in the first place.