𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

1st person POV: Y/N

I took the key to the house from my pocket and pushed it into the old lock. To my surprise, the door opened quietly. I stepped through the door and found myself in the foyer with surprisingly high vaulted ceilings.

Just to fulfill my singing desires, I sang through the scale to find the right note that would echo perfectly throughout the room. I then sang an A note above middle C. The sound echoed around the room, and came back to me, clear as day. It was always nice to have close to perfect pitch. 

I walked throughout the house looking through the rooms. Each was a little shabby and could do with some upkeep. Good thing I was here! I continued to hum to myself as I surveyed the rooms and then found myself in the backyard. 

The house was surrounded by extremely tall trees, and it was just the right amount of shady. But, it was eerily quiet, not even the birds were making noise. 

I went back to the car to grab my luggage and my cleaning supplies. "I'll just have to go into town tomorrow to grab wood and paint." You think aloud. 

??? POV

After finishing up my business in Hell, I returned to the girls' room in shadow form. She was not there. "It is only 7 am here, where could she be?" I think to myself. 

I slink downstairs looking for signs of her but only find her little human friend, Stella I think she called her, reading a book. 

I silently shift through her memories, trying to figure out where she had gone. I learn that her name is Y/N, "What a beautiful name," and that she was heading to a house. I look at the house through the little human's memories. 

To my surprise, It is my house that I built while I was still alive. How fortunate! I did not lose her.

I teleport to where I remember my house being and see Y/N walking into the front door. I follow her, in shadow form, and watch her movements. She looks around the foyer and then sings through the scale. "Her voice is clear as a bell. She must be a singer." I thought. 

She then hits the perfect note that reverberates around the room. I had once found that note when I was human and had sung it quite frequently. Just to please my human ears. 

She starts looking around the house while humming to herself. She also talks to herself quite a bit. It must be one of her habits. 

She stops at the backyard and looks around. Almost as if she is listening or watching for something. I think she notices the absence of sound. There are no birds singing, since they are quite afraid of my presence, as any creature in their right mind would be.

She must be staying here for a while because she heads back to her vehicle and takes out supplies and luggage. What luck that she should be staying here. 

This is going to be

 V̘̪͆̂̅ẹ̿͋̒̕r̴̨̦͕̝y҉̃̀̋̑ ẹ̿͋̒̕ṇ̤͛̒̍t̲̂̓ͩ̑ẹ̿͋̒̕r̴̨̦͕̝t̲̂̓ͩ̑ā̤̓̍͘ỉ͔͖̜͌ṇ̤͛̒̍ỉ͔͖̜͌ṇ̤͛̒̍ĝ̽̓̀͑.