𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔

Alastor's POV

I rushed to Charlie's office, extremely worried about the behavior I had just witnessed. Without knocking, I let myself in. Vaggie was sitting at the chair in front of the desk, Charlie behind it in her red chair. 

"Excuse my intrusion dears, but I need to speak with Charlie, alone."

Vaggie looked up at me with annoyance in her eyes. "We are in the middle of a conversation Alastor." 

"Well, it is a good thing you found a place to stop it. You can resume it later." I created a portal to suck her outside of the room, and then locked the office door.

Vaggie started to pound on the door, and Charlie shook her head in a disappointed manner, looking towards the door. "You really had to do that?" 

"Yes, but I have other things to worry about than having childish arguments with a moth."

"But Al--"

"I'm worried about y/n. A thirst for power has overtaken her sweet nature. She will hurt the people she cares about in her chase for power." I paused for a moment, seeing the understanding cross her face. 

"I hate to say it, but I need to stop her, and she's too powerful for me to do it alone." Embarrassment filled my chest, but I needed to ask for help. 

Charlie nodded her head, ignoring Vaggie's screaming and pounding on the door. "That's actually what we were just talking about. She's changed from when we first met her. But isn't this what you wanted?"

"I thought this is what I wanted at first, but it has turned into something darker, much worse. I think Hell has corrupted her because she never died." 

The door finally broke open behind me,  and I heard Vaggie rushing towards my back. But Charlie holds up a hand to stop her movements, tenderness in her eyes. The silence behind me told her that she had stopped her rampage. 

Charlie shifted her eyes from Vaggie, then back to me. "Are you worried that you will be overthrown? That you will lose your power?"

"This is nothing of the sort. I promise."

Vaggie's laugh sounded from behind me, "Yes, an overlord's promise is so reliable."

I turn to her, enraged. "This is no laughing matter. I am no longer worried about losing power or territory, I already have and it is not a problem to me. I....deeply care for y/n, and I regret showing her her powers." 

The room fell silent, Vaggie's smile fell into into a frown and I looked back at Charlie. Her fingers were pointed together and covered her mouth, a serious look on her brow. 

"I really--" I stopped myself, not wanting the next words to come out of my mouth. "I need your help. Please help me." 

Charlie's eyes leaped up to my face, scanning my features. I felt Vaggie's eyes drilling into the back of my head. I was extremely ashamed of what I had said, but it had to be done. 

Charlie stood up from the desk, hands flat on the wood, eyes fixed on Vaggie's form behind me. I turned to look back at Vaggie. Her eye was cold, but there was determination in it. She nodded in Charlie's direction. 

It turned back to Charlie, and she turned to me. "We will help you. Tell us what to do."

I sighed in relief, happy that I'd have enough power on my side to stop her. I felt shame deep inside me for corrupting the sweetness and innocence that was erased after she fell into Hell. Which was completely my fault. 

I needed to fix my mistake, and save y/n from herself. 

Y/N's POV

It was strange, returning to the house where it all started. The front brick and white porch gave me a sense of comfort. It felt nice to be back on earth. 

I walked up the gravel path, admiring how beautiful the house was. The ivy crawling up the deep maroon brick, going far up the house. 

I walked through the door, too lazy to break it open. I walked into the main foyer and remembered all the work that he had finished on it. Alastor had restored it to it's former greatness.

Oh Alastor...

I felt bad for what I had said to him.

"Don't let that get in your mind," Ena's voice rang through my head. Her form materialized in front of me, purple eyes glowing intensely into mine. 

"He's just going to slow us down. Alastor only wants to stop you from stealing his territory, you know how jealous he is of your power."

"I don't think he is jealous. But it is better for me to get away. I will be able to improve mWe ore without him here to be overprotective." 

"Yes, we can use this time to become so much more powerful. We can finally get powerful enough to overthrow Lucifer." 

I stayed in my demon form, not wanting to waste my power on disguising myself while I'm alone in the middle of the forest.

"We can finally free the citizens of Hell."