𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏

Alastor's POV

I had left that night to look into the whispers that I had been hearing. Demons were looking for y/n. Most of Hell was at this point, but this was something different. Someone had specifically hired a group of Imps to do it. And it was time for me to hunt. 

Unfortunately, my little shadows that race around town do not have the comprehension to figure out who hired them, and for what reason. It was probably just to kill her. As I hunted, my thoughts raced through the list of Overlords, but all of them probably wanted her to die. 

Returning from my little excursion, I passed a wall of televisions. A familiar figure popped up. I smiled wider as I recognized y/n's form on the screen. She looked incredibly formidable, especially with her scythe in hand. It was beautiful. She rained destruction onto one of Valentino's most important buildings in his industry. I smiled at her planning skills, if she was trying to anger him, she was doing it right. 

I walked a little further down the street but decided to shift back home. "No one knew that she was staying with me, so she should be safe for now." My thoughts drifted back to her staying with me. I didn't believe that she would have agreed, but here we are. I entered the front door and heard Nifty's feet rushing down a hall. 

"Hello, my dear Nifty! How are you?" 

"I'm great Al! If you want something to eat, y/n saved some pancakes for you!" With that, she hurried off, probably to clean something else. I was surprised that y/n had saved me food. In fact, I don't think I ever had tried her cooking.

I didn't usually eat regular food, but decided to try my hand at it. I sat down at the table with the warmed-up food and took a bite. I had never tasted food this good, except for my mother's jambalaya of course. Before I knew it, I had finished the plate. "She continues to surprise me."

I walked back into the foyer to await y/n's return, hoping she had enjoyed it. As if on command, y/n shifted into the room, but she was flying at breakneck speed towards the wall with my trophies on it. I immediately shifted to push her out of the way. I caught her just in time, but we both landed hard on the floor. Her eyes were shut tightly, but her wings had curled around us in a protective manner. 

Her violet eyes locked with mine. Neither of us said anything, but I noticed the small cuts along her face. Without thinking, I brushed them with a finger. I didn't like her being hurt. I focused on her whole face and saw a blush creep across it. I hadn't even thought about the position we were in, but it only made my smile grow.

She shifted out from under me and onto the two bottom stairs. . "Thanks for saving me, Al."She laughed but was breathing quite hard. That must have truly scared her.

"It seems like I've saved you a lot lately."

She paused before responding. "You're right." she let out a laugh, "It has been a lot."

"How was the takeover? Did you enjoy it?"

"Oh, immensely." She got up from my seat on the stairs. "This one was much more fun. I got to literally slice a building in half."

"Is that what happened? I was wondering why the ground was shaking." I put my hand up to my chin, feigning surprise. "I was surprised when I came back and you weren't here, my dear."

She stood up on the stairs and looked up at me. "I just needed to release some of my powers. It felt like the right time." We talked for a little while more, but I could see she wanted to wipe the destruction off, so I ended the conversation. Her emotions truly fascinated me. She was a terrifyingly beautiful demon, but she still reacted like she was a human.