𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

Y/N POV

I bolted up out of bed, soaked in sweat. That was me?! What did it mean. I summoned Ena. 
"How was that me? Was that just a dream?" She sat next to me with a small smile on her face. I heard her voice murmur in my mind, "No, I was showing you one of your most powerful states. It was time for you to know."

"One of them? How many are there?"

"I believe there are around 4. Each depending on our level of power or rage. They will show themselves when we are in your demon form...unless we specifically summon that form."

"So I don't have to worry about them showing up while I'm still human? That's good."

"Well, we aren't really human at all. We are the dark angel."

I was very confused  It was already 10. "I got to get up and get ready for 'training' or whatever it is today.

 I hurried and jumped in the shower. The warm water helped to ease my tension, but the confusion of yesterday was still there. I have always sung in the shower, but this time, it was to clear my head.

It sounded clear and rang through the bathroom. I sang one of my favorite lullabies that my mother had sung to me as a kid. It made me a little sad remembering it, but it helped to calm my nerves. 

Alastor's POV

I could Y/N getting ready upstairs. I started to cook breakfast. I had missed working in this big kitchen, as I had designed it myself all those years ago. I don't miss being human, as I didn't have my power. But I missed the trivial things that all humans enjoy, like sleeping, eating, cooking, and loving someone. Cooking was my favorite on that list, and I have always done it, even since I died. 

As I was thinking, I heard Y/N singing. She has the most lovely voice I have ever heard. It was so hypnotic that I almost had let the french toast burn. I scolded myself for becoming so distracted. I could've listened to her sing for hours. 

I heard Y/N come out of her room and went to tell her I was in the kitchen. I saw her as I exited through the doorway. She was stopped at the top of the stairs admiring the house. "Alastor, what happened?! It looks amazing in here!" She had the biggest smile on her face and she looked very dashing it. She was wearing regular jeans and a thick-strap tanktop. She had accidentally dressed perfectly for the training today. 

"I had my minions finish some of the renovations because I didn't want it to worry you while I taught you your powers." 

She beamed at me. "Thank you so much, Alastor! This means so much to me." 

"Of course my dear! I also made you breakfast so we could start right away." I gestured towards the food. "Follow me as soon as you pick up a plate because I want to show you something while you eat." I led her into the back garden and pulled up a chair for her to sit on. 

While she sat and ate I explained her demon form. "Every human has a demon form because each has the potential to go to Heaven or Hell. Only a human with great power can summon their demon form while they are still alive." She sat on her chair, looking deep in thought. 

"This is my actual demon form, but I will show you my angered form. Don't be frightened as I will not hurt you, I am in full control." My eyes turned into radio dials, as I felt my power shifting. "T̨͈͗̌ͥḣ̖̻͛̓ỉ͔͖̜͌s̠҉͍͊ͅ. ḿ̬̏ͤͅy҉̃̀̋̑ ḑ̴̞͛̒ẹ̿͋̒̕ā̤̓̍͘r̴̨̦͕̝, ỉ͔͖̜͌s̠҉͍͊ͅ p̞̈͑̚͞ư̡͕̭̇r̴̨̦͕̝ẹ̿͋̒̕ ḑ̴̞͛̒ẹ̿͋̒̕ḿ̬̏ͤͅo̯̱̊͊͢ṇ̤͛̒̍ r̴̨̦͕̝ā̤̓̍͘ĝ̽̓̀͑ẹ̿͋̒̕." 

She looked so very frightened in her chair. Trying to stay polite but looking like a frightened deer trying to get away. This delighted and saddened me and the same time.

I shifted back. "We will not go immediately to that stage, because you haven't even seen your demon form yet. We will start off quite easy."

"What will we start off with?"

"Your wings. And we are going to try and summon them. I want you to imagine what they might look like based on your shadow demons." 

"O-okay. It's only my wings right?"

"Yes. I don't want to overwork your powers, so we are starting off small."

She stood up and raised her face to the sky. I stood staring at her face, it looked so innocent and calm. She opened her eyes and had caught me staring. "What do I do now?" I turned away, hoping she hadn't really seen it. "Now I want you to try and imagine them there. Imagine the atoms coming together to make your wings. Try and recreate that feeling into the real world. Kind of like summoning your shadow."

She stood there for a little bit and then slowly raised her arms up. As she did, huge wings followed her arms. They looked to have around a 30-foot wingspan. They were glossy and dark as night. "Oh my" I gasped quietly. She felt their weight on her back and turned around, trying to look at them. 

I chuckled, watching her try to turn around and see her wings. She looked at me, awestruck. "Oh my gosh, this is amazing!! I can fly now!" She could barely contain her happiness. "This is so cool, but how do I even use them?"

"I'm sure your shadow could teach you, seeing as I don't have wings." I watched as she flapped her wings excitedly. 

"These are a lot lighter than I thought they would be!" 

"That is part of your magic. It is lifting the weight burden that your wings carry."

Her shadow melted from her and gave Y/N a thumbs up. "Ena, how do I use these?" I could tell they were talking telepathically by the one-sided conversation. The thing that surprised me most was that she had named her shadow. 

My shadow looked at me and folded his arms. He spoke in my mind, "She's nicer to your demon than you are to me. I didn't even get a name." I rolled my eyes and continued to watch Y/N. She was starting to get further and further off the ground each time. Her shadow, I guess Ena, was coaxing her up higher and higher. 

I was quite surprised with all of the progress she has made, and this quickly. "She is certainly something special," I thought to myself. 

She was flying around now, quite high off the ground, about 3 stories. I was getting a little nervous for her safety, seeing as her shadow kept pushing her to go higher. I was about to say something, but Y/N screamed as her wings started to buckle.