𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗

Y/N POV

After a few more kisses, Alastor finally released me. I didn't want to leave his arms, but I needed to talk to someone about this. I shifted into my bedroom and collapsed on the bed. 

I called Angel and it went straight to the answering machine. I was a little confused because he wouldn't skip it, especially when I told him to call me at the hotel. At that moment, he called back and I hurried to pick up the phone. 

"Toots, I literally just had to fucking lie to Lucifer to call you back. THE Lucifer. If I get killed I'm coming back to haunt you."

"Ooooo, I might have forgotten about him coming to the hotel."

"How did you forget, you were just here like an hour ago."

"Well...something came up." I hurried and formed a bubble around me. I didn't want curious ears, like Nifty, peeking in on my conversation. "Al likes me."

He laughed through the phone. "I know that, so does everyone else. Especially after he stayed with you 'till you woke up."

"No, that's not all of it. I kissed him. Multiple times now, actually." There was silence on the other side of the phone. I cringed at the fullness of it. I continued, "I don't know how it happened. It just kind of happened naturally. Apparently, he has felt this way for a long time."

I put a hand to my head. He finally responded, "Is he a good kisser?"

"Angel!"

"What? I'm just curious?"

I paused, "Yeah...he's really good."

"I fucking knew it."

I laughed at his exclamation. Of course, Angel would wonder about that. "Anyways, what is happening with Lucifer right now?" I sat up on the bed, grimacing at the sore pain in my abdomen. 

"He's basically freaking out about you because you and Al took down Valentino. He knows you are getting more powerful."

"I'm glad I freak him out. But ruling Hell Ange? That doesn't sound much like me."

"Whaddaya mean?! Have you seen yourself while taking over territory? It totally sounds like you!"

 "Thanks, Angel." I decided I wouldn't tell him about the whole mind thing, maybe Al and I could use it to our advantage. "Anyways, make sure to finish telling me about the whole Lucifer situation when he leaves okay? I want to hear all about it."

He agreed and we both said our goodbyes. I released the bubble from around me and saw Nifty peaking around the door. I knew it had been smart to create one. "Hey Nifty, what's up?" 

She looked a little timid but came to sit on the bed. "Do you like Al?" I was a little surprised by her outright question. 

"W-what?"

"Well, it's just that I saw you two kissing. Twice now. So, do you like him?"

I didn't really know how to respond to her. Mostly because she would probably talk to Al about it later. But I think I really did like him. The way he looked at me filled me with butterflies. I even had them just thinking about it. 

I looked down at her and smiled. "I guess I do." 

Then his voice entered my head. He sounded sort of frantic. "My dear, it seems like Lucifer has summoned me to his palace..."

The timing of his thought surprised me, but I was more worried about having Lucifer summon him. "Did you accept it? Please tell me you didn't."

"I can't say no. He is the ruler of Hell."