𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

Alastor's POV

I had heard the explosions before I was informed of the battle. I walked towards the building, slinking around as a shadow. If it was not worth my time, I didn't want to get involved. I saw Angeldust around the corner of the building.

I stayed away from that side not wanting to be seen. When I was about to turn away, I saw something out of the corner of my eye, fly up the side of the building. At that moment, a huge bubble erupted around the top part of the building and then filled with violet lightning. 

"Whoever that is, is extremely powerful." I thought to myself. I was getting suspicious of whoever it was. "Could it be Y/N?" I pushed away the hope entering my cold heart but secretly hoping it was true. The bubble disappeared as a blimp started hovering closer to the building.

I heard Angeldust yell in the distance, but couldn't distinguish what he was saying. Suddenly, the top of the building exploded and a figure fell off the top of it. I realized that it certainly was Y/n when she summoned her wings to save herself from the fall. Hoping she wouldn't hurt herself, I transported right under her. 

I caught her while the building was still exploding. All of her face and body were covered, except for her eyes. "She does know I'm looking for her," suddenly saddened by the thought of it. She opened her eyes, they were a beautiful light-violet color. 

As soon as she saw me, she teleported out of my hands. She was walking further away from me, trying to keep her distance. "Y/n! I found you! I can't believe it," I said. I was trying not to scare her. I stepped towards her, trying to get her to speak to me. 

"Please let me explain everything to you. It was a complete accident."  Something exploded behind me, I turned determined to protect her from whatever was coming. I turned back around and she was gone. 

I frantically searched for her, "What had I done to scare her away?" I still couldn't remember what I had done that night, I could only piece it together with the clues she left. I teleported around, trying to find where she had gone. 

The blimp exploded behind me in a flash of violet lightning. "She was around here somewhere." I saw her walking out of an alley in her shadow form. "She's going to leave," I thought with dread. 

I grabbed her arm, hoping it would grasp empty air. She turned back into her demon form, her violet eyes swinging back towards me. "Please y/n let me just explain." I saw the fear in her eyes as she ripped her arm away. She surrounded herself with a bubble, pushing me away from her. 

The bubble popped and I started running towards her. She turned into a liquid shadow as she shifted away. Her eyes were the last thing I saw as she disappeared. 

I stood there, my hand reaching to where she had been just a moment before. I looked behind me, seeing Angeldust continue to destroy the building with his little friend. "She must be connected to him somehow. The only way they could've met is if she has been to the hotel."

I couldn't believe that Charlie had lied to me. Y/n must've asked for their help. Had I ever seen her there before? I thought about my incessant searching for her. Why did I continue to search for her even when she was scared of me?

A voice whispered in the back of my mind. "B̩͎͍̾ͅẹ̿͋̒̕c͕͗ͤ̕̕ā̤̓̍͘ư̡͕̭̇s̠҉͍͊ͅẹ̿͋̒̕ s̠҉͍͊ͅḣ̖̻͛̓ẹ̿͋̒̕ ỉ͔͖̜͌s̠҉͍͊ͅ ḿ̬̏ͤͅỉ͔͖̜͌ṇ̤͛̒̍ẹ̿͋̒̕."

Y/N POV

I stood in my room, panting against the wall. "Had I got something wrong about that night?"

"NO! He hurt me and to escape him, I had to go to Hell! Literally!" 

I slid down the wall, putting my head on my knees. "He is searching for me, everywhere." What did he even want with me? We certainly hadn't made a deal where I owed him anything. And I wouldn't work with him at all after what he'd done.

I sat there, trying not to explode into a panic attack. As I was trying to calm my racing heart, horrible memories entered my mind. Jared, hitting and kicking me. Him bandaging the wounds inflicted by him. My vision going black. Seeing my family's faces alive for the last time. Going to their funeral. 

I leaned my head back crying hysterically. It felt like I couldn't breathe. I ripped the scarf and hood from my face. "What had I ever done to deserve all of this?!" I screamed. I could feel all my rage and sadness spilling through the bars of its carefully crafted cell. 

As I felt my rage ignite in my heart, I heard Ena's voice in my mind. "We haven't even tapped into our full potential y/n. Look at us in the mirror. We are so powerful."

I looked into the bathroom, scared at what I saw. "It's what I saw from the dream..." The mirror was filled with THE dark angel. My rage showed through my eyes, glowing purple. My wings were outstretched, the color almost void-like. My fingers had turned into claws. The little spikes on my head had turned into long, black horns. My hair flowed around my new form.

I didn't want to see myself like this but I couldn't stop it. My tears slipped out of my eyes, black as ink. I heard the door open, as fangs filled my mouth. Hands lifted my head up. "Angel," I breathed. My voice came out sweet, but I could hear the power lurking behind it. 

He looked at me with sadness and fear in his eyes. I could feel myself revel in his fear. I pushed the enjoyment down,  feeling sick for enjoying it. He wrapped his four arms around me. I felt the power dull down, the breakdown coming to its end. The black tears still rolled down my face, but I hugged Angel back. 

He leaned back, "Are you okay?"

I looked at his eyes, "I am now. Thank you. It just exploded out of me, I didn't know how to control it." 

He paused, thinking of a response. "How about you sit down and learn more about your power," he got up to hand me the book. "you could learn more about them to control the hold on your powers."

I realized that I would have to lean into my role as Dark Angel soon enough with how the power kept spilling out. "Sounds good." 

-------------------------------------

This one is a little shorter than normal, but it is building up to the next chapter and I'm busy with my job rn. I also wanted to say thank you for all the support! I will try to get the next chapter out tonight or tomorrow morning :)